• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We basically have three years max to win the Big East and prove our worth.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

If BE teams are indeed the intended target of the B10 expansion, don't be surprised to see the invites happen before June 30th.  June 30th is the annual contractual deadlline for announcements of intent to leave the conference (at leasst it was when UM VT & BC left and i don not believe the annual renewal date of June 30 has changed).  A new cycle begins after June 30 for the 27 month period to announce intention to withdraw from the conference and thus an extra year of commitment to participate in the BE.

In other words, the BE FB members are contractually bound, and the contract renews each year at the end of June. If a school announce an intent to leave by Jun 30, it is only contractually obligated for 27 months from then.  Waiting until after Jun 30 will contractually bind the school for another year. 

Of course, I could be totally wrong, as I am not sure of all the implications of the 27 month waiting period (since it was implemented after the ACC raid), which may allow a team to announce an intent to leave any time they choose, and the 27 month clock starts at theat point. But I do not believe so, I believe it is a contract annually renewed, effective date of jun 30.

IMO the B10 will announce a decision by then, so as to cut off a year from the wait time for any BE schools to become participating B10 members.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

Just my two cents.  If I were to bet money, right now, I would say FSU will get the SEC invitation and USF will take the Noles place in the ACC.

I agree Jim, in hoc

• Content Count:  151

I think we'll go to whatever conference West Virginia goes to. It'll be a package deal to keep the rivalry alive.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

From today's St Pete Times:

"UConn’s Randy Edsall said Big East foot­ball coaches have told the conference to make it clear that Notre Dame, an independent in football, should join the conference for football or leave it entirely. He also said that if two teams leave for the Big Ten, as has been speculated, “the Big East is all done.†"

He doesn't sound too excited about the Big East's chances if it gets raided.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think the BE will be done. It will be done as a BCS conference when or if they bring in c-usa or MAC teams. I believe that the ACC and the BE will merge after FSU and Clemson leaves for the SEC. We would have THEE strongest basketball conference in the country.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

acc should merge with big east today

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

acc should merge with big east today

That would give you about a 28 or 30 team conference.  Can't assume that teams are going to be offered.  When and if those conferences get raided, then some kind of merger should work.  But basketball would still be too large. 

After the raid, what might be something to look at is a basketball only conference for those schools without football.  Then take the remaining teams in the 2 conferences with both BB and football and make a separate conference.

• Content Count:  4,501

1.  We have already proved we can play football with many upsets over established programs.

2.  Money is the major factor in all this

3.  TV market is big

4. Can you imagine how Holtz would feel if this happened and he ended up in a non-BCS conference ?

5.  FSU game was great for our image as far as traving was concerned - so will UF & Miami game this year.

6.  Get your dice and roll em cause we are all just guessing now.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf will be fine

• Content Count:  4,501

The A-10 is licking their chops for any left over BE basketball team schools only.

Archived