• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We basically have three years max to win the Big East and prove our worth.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I am pretty sure the 27 month rule is in addition to the $5 million payout. It is not an either or kind of thing. Mind you this is college football where the rules really don't mean anything.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

We don't have 3 years we have ONE year.  This year, and that is it.  All the decisions will be made within the next year.  It is absolutely a MUST for USF to have a good year this year if they want to be included in expansion discussions.  If there ever was a year for USF to have a big year, this year is it.  USF must defeat either UF or Miami, and must have a good year in BE play.  Not maybe, MUST.  This is mandatory for consideration into the ACC if it comes to that.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

We don't have 3 years we have ONE year.  This year, and that is it.  All the decisions will be made within the next year.  It is absolutely a MUST for USF to have a good year this year if they want to be included in expansion discussions. 

I agree. But what would be a good season? I think Doug Woolard and who ever involve need to have a bigger year. They must SALE, SALE, SALE this program.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

We don't have 3 years we have ONE year.  This year, and that is it.  All the decisions will be made within the next year.  It is absolutely a MUST for USF to have a good year this year if they want to be included in expansion discussions.  If there ever was a year for USF to have a big year, this year is it.  USF must defeat either UF or Miami, and must have a good year in BE play.  Not maybe, MUST.  This is mandatory for consideration into the ACC if it comes to that.

why do u think expansion is about anything BUT money?

why do u think expansion is about anything BUT money?

Because decisions are justified for reasons OTHER than money.  University Presidents, when asked about expansion, will talk about caliber of the athletic program and academic standing of the university....

It may be MOSTLY about money, but you will never hear ANYONE in an OFFICIAL capacity say that.

So USF has to provide a "resume" that at least makes sense.

I would be willing to bet the decisions are made before opening day this fall.

I would be willing to bet the decisions are made before opening day this fall.

i'd agree with you there... i think the B10 knows what they're going to do

Jim do you think USF offers enough to be a lock in conference expansion?

is there any chance, in your opinion, that we can get left out?

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

If the Big East were more proactive about heading off B10 expansion plans, they'd force ND out of the conference completely for the B10 to pick them up, and offer ECU, Memphis, UCF, and Houston membership in the conference.  Boom!  Problem solved!

• Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

Could maybe the ALL the conferences be working together to solve this issue?

Think about it from a numbers stand point. It almost makes perfect sense for the Big 10 to go to 16 taking with them Cuse, Rutgers, Pitt, UCONN and WV to make 16.

Then the SEC goes to 14 taking two from the ACC which in turn will take the two school that make the most sense for them. Possibly being a trade with the SEC to make the alignment smoother, but in the end will give USF and Louisville a home like we both deserve.

I do think we need to get our facilities upgraded and fast to prove we want to be a contender. But as for academics we are growing by leaps and bounds in that dept. just look at the avg. SAT and GPA's of incoming freshman this year to say 10 yrs ago. The research and Carnegie accreditation only helps.

But as we all know with great sports comes better students. And we have what most OUT of state students seek being Florida, Beaches, Big City and a great Night Life! As well as some of the best educational programs in the country. Our Grad school is top notch and it used to be easier to get accepted to USF grad school if you graduated from there. But I could see that changing being that USF is a public institution.

Anyways then the Big 12 and Pac 10 could fight over TCU, Boise State, BYU, Houston, SMU, Fresno State and if I was the big 12 I would pick up a school like Memphis to get that TV market, the basketball program and a decent chunk of the Midwest.

But in the end I think they all will work together because it will have a ripple effect across the nation and the Big Ten might be big but when you add all the conferences together they easily can control what the Big Ten ultimately does. Either financially or by beating them at their own game and letting the SEC become even stronger. 

Archived