• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We basically have three years max to win the Big East and prove our worth.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

correct???

i just want to get this straight so I know what were looking at with all this expansion talk.....its making my brain hurt.....

the big ten said the 12-18 month timetable is still on.....so thats a year of current big east play.....

and the big east has the 27 month rule that says a team must give them 27 months before they leave.....so thats another two years of current big east play.....

so a total of three years is all the current big east will have....three years for USF to win the big east in football and prove we belong in a BCS conference.....

i think big east will lose three teams or more and a collapse is possible....with pac-10 saying they are expanding, the SEC commissioner saying expansion is an option, and the big ten expansion particularity guaranteed, we need to put ourselves in the best position possible   

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, you have to recognize conference expansion is led by football, but it's not ALL about football.

Second, you have to prove your worth BEFORE the invitations go out.  And truthfully, I think we'll see the expansion news before opening day.  Which means we have no chance to prove it in football.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

i wouldn't necessarily say we have 3 years.

the 27 month rule for leaving the big east applies or else you have to pay the 5 million dollar buyout. if the big ten comes calling to rutgers and pitt or more, they'll gladly give the big east 10 million to take the 2 teams sooner than 27 months. they'll make that back in one season with the 2 or more teams added...

i dont think the acc will want to pay the buyout...so you may see the big east spend a year or two fractured, and maybe with a 'new' team brought up to fill in the gap for the temporary period...until the big east may finally just disassemble altogether depending on what happens.

• Content Count:  1,251

First, you have to recognize conference expansion is led by football, but it's not ALL about football.

Second, you have to prove your worth BEFORE the invitations go out.  And truthfully, I think we'll see the expansion news before opening day.  Which means we have no chance to prove it in football.

so what youre saying is we are S-O-L and are doomed to end up in C-DOA 2.....

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

correct???

i just want to get this straight so I know what were looking at with all this expansion talk.....its making my brain hurt.....

the big ten said the 12-18 month timetable is still on.....so thats a year of current big east play.....

and the big east has the 27 month rule that says a team must give them 27 months before they leave.....so thats another two years of current big east play.....

so a total of three years is all the current big east will have....three years for USF to win the big east in football and prove we belong in a BCS conference.....

i think big east will lose three teams or more and a collapse is possible....with pac-10 saying they are expanding, the SEC commissioner saying expansion is an option, and the big ten expansion particularity guaranteed, we need to put ourselves in the best position possible   

expansion will be more about dollars and cents rather than wins an losses.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf will not be out in cold in any expansion

should holtz be given 4 recruiting classes at least

so what youre saying is we are S-O-L and are doomed to end up in C-DOA 2.....

Not necessarily... the dominoes will fall all around.

* IF the Big Ten expands to 14 (Pitt, Syracuse, & Rutgers)

* SEC expands to 14 taking Clemson and Florida State

* ACC looks to expand to 14... USF makes sense to replace Florida State  (ACC didn't want WVU earlier this decade... they wanted Cuse, but got BC; BC won't want U Conn; USF's research standing helps, but the academic performance could be an issue;)... Louisville could replace Clemson.

* IF the Big Ten expands to 16 chances are even better for USF to get into the ACC

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Look like USF will be ACC bound. Rumors has FSU and UM going to the SEC. I don't know if Miami will be invited. ACC can't afford to lose both FSU and Miami. We will find out something before the 2010 season end.

• Content Count:  771

Look like USF will be ACC bound. Rumors has FSU and UM going to the SEC. I don't know if Miami will be invited. ACC can't afford to lose both FSU and Miami. We will find out something before the 2010 season end.

i heard those rumors also.  It would almost guarantee the acc and big east would merge especially if the big 10 takes 3 big east teams.

Archived