• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

POSSIBLE SEC expansion if Big 10 expands, per SEC commisioner

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

If there is going to be a significant shift in the conference paradigm, the SEC will be strategic and thoughtful to make sure it maintains its position as one of the nation's pre-eminent conferences.
- Mike Slive, SEC Commisioner

"I won't sit back," Slive said, "and just ignore what is going on around me."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/13266293/whenever-big-ten-expands-college-football-will-feel-trickledown-effect

Goes to show that no one knows what really is going to happen, regardless of the inside sources people have.

Should be interesting to see where USF lands in all of this... I personally would be happy with an ACC invite.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

If there is going to be a significant shift in the conference paradigm, the SEC will be strategic and thoughtful to make sure it maintains its position as one of the nation's pre-eminent conferences.
- Mike Slive, SEC Commisioner

"I won't sit back," Slive said, "and just ignore what is going on around me."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/13266293/whenever-big-ten-expands-college-football-will-feel-trickledown-effect

Goes to show that no one knows what really is going to happen, regardless of the inside sources people have.

Should be interesting to see where USF lands in all of this... I personally would be happy with an ACC invite.

I rather would want us to jump to the SEC and start really competing with Florida

But we don't always get what we want.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Let's be realistic. The SEC can get any team they want. If (and I'm not convinced) they expand, it will be by taking GT, Clemson, or maybe making a run at Texas and Texas A&M

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

USF could probably be gotten on the 'cheap' for the SEC though. Like, the least revenue sharing of all teams in the conference.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

The whole FSU and CLEMSON to the SEC sounds more legit now.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf will be fine

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Who and How many people intimated that I was crazy because of my opinion that the SEC would expand as well? IMO, we will end up with 4 super conferences, and the others. I just hope that we are in one of those conferences.

SEC commissioner Mike Slive intimated for the first time that a war of titans might be on: "If there is going to be a significant shift in the conference paradigm, the SEC will be strategic and thoughtful to make sure it maintains its position as one of the nation's pre-eminent conferences."

That's another way of saying that if the Big Ten expands, the SEC is ready to throw down. The conferences are No. 1 (Big Ten) and No. 2 (SEC) in revenue produced and they didn't get that way by being timid.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

big east enver had leadership

never should have allowed nd to compete

should have been proactive not reactive

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

if this is true-- I can see USF getting in the SEC MAYBE but more likely they raid the ACC and we end up there instead-- which would not be the end of the world either.

nothing to worry about really-- probably going to land on our feet somewhere.

personally-- I am happ the SEC made this type of stand. the next conference shakeup is on the horizon and we can only end up with easier (traveling-wise) road trips as a result. But who will be the new whipping boy BCS conference for the ESPN folks? My guess is the ACC

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Here is to a smooth transition into the ACC. Hope its USF and WVU that are chosen...I would like to keep a yearly matchup with the couch burners...it is always a good game, has a lot of potential to become a UF/Tenn type game.

Archived