• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

POSSIBLE SEC expansion if Big 10 expands, per SEC commisioner

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Who and How many people intimated that I was crazy because of my opinion that the SEC would expand as well?

Well I was one of those people and I still think you are crazy  ;D

Mike Slive said:

"If there is going to be a significant shift in the conference paradigm, the SEC will be strategic and thoughtful to make sure it maintains its position as one of the nation's pre-eminent conferences." "I won't sit back," Slive said, "and just ignore what is going on around me."

Well sure of course as the commissioner of your conference you are always going to be strategic and thoughtful to make sure you are one of the most pre-eminent conferences. I don't think he really said anything here except, I am going to keep doing my job and I always look at all the possibilities. Still someone would have to show me where monetarily it would be in the SEC's interests to expand. You know something more than it is their pride or they just want to show everyone they are still the biggest football conference. I think they would have to show Mike Slive that also before he would share their SEC money.

Have you been spying on me and talking to my "doctor"? I still have no idea whats going to happen, I just think that pretty much anything is possible at this time.

Who and How many people intimated that I was crazy because of my opinion that the SEC would expand as well? IMO, we will end up with 4 super conferences, and the others. I just hope that we are in one of those conferences.

SEC commissioner Mike Slive intimated for the first time that a war of titans might be on: "If there is going to be a significant shift in the conference paradigm, the SEC will be strategic and thoughtful to make sure it maintains its position as one of the nation's pre-eminent conferences."

That's another way of saying that if the Big Ten expands, the SEC is ready to throw down. The conferences are No. 1 (Big Ten) and No. 2 (SEC) in revenue produced and they didn't get that way by being timid.

I think that would be me.

I know I said no way were the conferences going to 16 teams but it won't be the first time I was suprised.  When I was six I was shocked at how easy grapes went in your noise but how hard they were to get out.

Like I "said" to BBoC I think that pretty much anything is possible.

Now I'm done being self righteous as I am sure that I'll be completely wrong about something within the next 20 minutes at the longest.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,657
  • Days Won:  29

So this is what USF needs to do ... become an Indy and sign an exclusive contract with TBS  8-)

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Let's be realistic. The SEC can get any team they want. If (and I'm not convinced) they expand, it will be by taking GT, Clemson, or maybe making a run at Texas and Texas A&M

No way in Hell Texas or A&M move

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

No way? Freak, they're making 6 mil a year under their current TV contract, under the SEC they'd make 17 mil. What benefits them more?

If the SEC came calling both those schools would seriously listen I guarentee it.

• Content Count:  4,501

If Texas goes to the SEC there is no doubt about the greatest conference.  It would be the SEC and then everyone else.  I also see Clemson as a natural fit for the SEC.  They will go after a minimum of two teams and maybe four.  If they go looking I gotta think if they go the Texas route then they will go for two teams which makes A&M the favorite.  TCU possible ?

• Content Count:  771

If Texas goes to the SEC there is no doubt about the greatest conference.  It would be the SEC and then everyone else.  I also see Clemson as a natural fit for the SEC.  They will go after a minimum of two teams and maybe four.  If they go looking I gotta think if they go the Texas route then they will go for two teams which makes A&M the favorite.  TCU possible ?

tcu is not going to the sec.  if texas goes a&m will follow, or texas won't go.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Word is that the state of Texas is starting it's own TV network for all there college teams.

Archived