• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

can Noriega be douglas???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

for anyone that watched michigan-ohio state game.....did you see that guy douglas raining threes he was hitting them from every....off screen....off balance.....he was sick......

we obvi need a three point shooter like douglas.....can Noriega be that guy or do we have to go back to the recruiting trail for one?

im really worried that Burwell and Noriega could turn out to be busts......

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I think Noriega CAN be that guy... no idea if he will be.

He's got the shooting talent... jury is still out if he has the mental make up.  He is supposedly a hard worker.. so we'll see.  If he steps up next year... it will definitely take pressure off of Jones (if he stays) and Gus.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Listening to Lighthall this morning on 1010, reading between the lines, Noriega doesn't play a lick of defense is the reason he doesn't play more ... An interesting point Jim also pointed out is that Noriega is the first player, out of all the time he's been doing USF hoops, that has a completetly unrestricted green light to shoot whenever he is in the game.

• Content Count:  509

Were Burwell and Noriega highly recruited players?

If they had great potential I think Coach Heath would have given them some more playing time, especially considering we lacked depth to begin with this year. Doubt they will be the answer next year, but I hope I am wrong.

Losing Howard, Mercer, and possibly Jones is huge, and if we cannot adequately replace these guys we will be in big trouble next year.

As soon as the season is over Coach Heath needs to recruit the lights out and get us some quality guards. Dority is a nice get; don't know about Haynes, but we need at least one more top quality guy.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Norie is a straight shooter. Heath gave him a scholly because he can fill it up from deep. He averaged 20+ in HS because of threes, frows and layups on fast breaks. If you wanted someone who plays d, you would not waste a scholly on him.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Noreiga can shoot, I don't think many doubt that. Can he do anything else though?

Steve Kerr didn't get many minutes for a reason...

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

We don't get highly recruited players out of high school, they're either transfers or juco's if they're remotely "highly recruited."

We couldn't even beat out UCF for Keith Clanton (who's having a pretty decent year).

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

If they had great potential I think Coach Heath would have given them some more playing time, especially considering we lacked depth to begin with this year. Doubt they will be the answer next year, but I hope I am wrong.

Losing Howard, Mercer, and possibly Jones is huge, and if we cannot adequately replace these guys we will be in big trouble next year.

As soon as the season is over Coach Heath needs to recruit the lights out and get us some quality guards. Dority is a nice get; don't know about Haynes, but we need at least one more top quality guy.

Noriega along with Fitzpatrick will the most improved players on the team next season. I see him turning into our own Andy Routins(spelling).

Recruiting is everyday of the year. What I would like to see if Jones leaves(likely) is for us to sign 2 wing type athletes and a defensive Big Man that starts with Anderson or Gus at the PF or backs up Anderson at the center position. I think Austin is 2 years away from really helping us at best so we will be thin on the frontline if Heath doesn't bring in a Defensive Center or big PF. Two wings, a shooter(Noriega), and good PG play(Crater) and USF will be fine next season even w/o Jones.

If we can get Felix and Melvin that would be awesome and feel the needs at the open spots. We have Robertson committed who is a great Athlete too. Other guys I like is Ge-Lawn Guyn and Michael Haynes. We need to just find a Big Guy and we are set for next season.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

We don't get highly recruited players out of high school, they're either transfers or juco's if they're remotely "highly recruited."

We couldn't even beat out UCF for Keith Clanton (who's having a pretty decent year).

If we had Clanton he could be our starting center next season or back up Anderson.

• Content Count:  937

Noreiga can shoot, I don't think many doubt that. Can he do anything else though?

Steve Kerr didn't get many minutes for a reason...

I don't think thats a fair statement - he did play 17 yrs in NBA avg almost 20 mins a game. Decent  defensive stats for his position and minutes taking into consideration the other role players he played with.

Archived