• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NIT opponent?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Man if we face Florida at their place then it will be all over and a promising season leaves a very sour taste in the mouths of the fans and University. I hope we don't have to travel to either Florida or Miami. Man to go 1 and done in the NIT will be sad.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

so exciting

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Man if we face Florida at their place then it will be all over and a promising season leaves a very sour taste in the mouths of the fans and University. I hope we don't have to travel to either Florida or Miami. Man to go 1 and done in the NIT will be sad.

I doubt they would seed either team so low that we play each other in the first round.

• Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

Four seed is too low.

Surprisingly, Jerry Palm of collegerpi.com and bracketography both have us still on the NCAA bubble.    Everyone on the bubble is imploding.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I would not consider it sad losing to either Florida or Miami in the first round... maybe a bit irritating... what would be sad is if we lost to some no-name basketball school in the first or second rounds.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,648
  • Days Won:  6

This is true madness.  Now that the NCAA is operating the NIT, why not just do one tournament with 128 teams and guarantee MSG the elite eight every year?

Game 1 is at campus sites.

Game 2 is at 8 regional sites (8 teams/4 games over 2 days).

Games 3 and 4 are at 8 regional sites (4 teams/3 games over 2 days).

Game 4 is Elite Eight at MSG (8 teams/4 games over 2 days).

Games 5 and 6 are the Final Four as we know it (in some stadium that sucks for basketball).

• Content Count:  509

IMO Florida should now be an NIT team. According to some bracketologists, Florida today is in the last four in. But with Houston now getting an automatic bid in Conference USA and Miss. State just beating Vanderbilt, Florida could be one of the teams looking out. Also Minnesota ( another last 4 out team) is beating on Purdue right now.

I would love to see a UF-USF game at some point in the NIT. But then again even with Florida losing 4 out of their last 5, I wouldn't be surprised if they are still picked for the NCAAT regardless. Personally I think this would be BS!

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Surprisingly, Jerry Palm of collegerpi.com and bracketography both have us still on the NCAA bubble.    Everyone on the bubble is imploding.

I am not that surprised. Teams like Ole Miss and Mississippi State shouldn't be on there ahead of us.

I still think we have a slim chance to get in.

• Content Count:  86

3 bubble teams won today: (Miss State, G tech, Minn). Houston got in as well. Washington is playing right now..

UF may not get an invite

Archived