• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Board Moderation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

This board isn't nearly moderated enough for my tastes.

It's not "negative" that's a problem, it's "stupid," "repetitive" and "thoughtless" that need to be discouraged.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

if by least you mean most

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

This board isn't nearly moderated enough for my tastes.

It's not "negative" that's a problem, it's "stupid," "repetitive" and "thoughtless" that need to be discouraged.

bingo... those that are getting moderated "too much" should be able to connect the dots here.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

"least moderated boards out there" = that is a good one  ::)

Yeah LOL @ this place being "one of the least moderated boards out there". 

These message boards are some of the least moderated boards out there.

:laughingnew :laughingnew :laughingnew :laughingnew :lolnew :lolnew :lolnew :lolnew :lmao :lmao :lmao

I'm genuinely interested to know why that quote brought on that kind of reaction? Do you guys really think it's that moderated in here ... or is it that there are many boards out there with basically zero moderation?

it is because most boards... including team boards, are not nearly as moderated. Its not even comparable.

its not necessarily a bad thing...

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

I'm genuinely interested to know why that quote brought on that kind of reaction? Do you guys really think it's that moderated in here ... or is it that there are many boards out there with basically zero moderation?

Well for starters have a look at the 11 locked threads on the Leavitt/Miller board...

Personally, my pet peeve here is the number of sub-boards and the constant "moving" of threads. 

thebullspen.com -- There's a board for that!

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

These message boards are some of the least moderated boards out there.

:D :lol :sighnew

It wasn't too long ago that anyone that disagreed with coach leavitt was marked as an outcast.

Moving threads is also very annoying in the offseason.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The Bullspen is one of the least moderated boards I frequent.  There are less moderated boards, but 95% of the posts on those boards are a complete waste of time.  I don't waste my time with them.  The best boards I have seen are on a fantasy baseball site.  Anything close to a personal attack is dealt with immediately. 

There is a high level of discussion and disagreement in a civil manner.  The result is a rich environment where much can be learned.  I can only dream of the day we can generate anything close to that environment here.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It wasn't too long ago that anyone that disagreed with coach leavitt was marked as an outcast.

This is blatantly untrue.  It was the way that some decided to express their disagreement.

Well for starters have a look at the 11 locked threads on the Leavitt/Miller board...

Personally, my pet peeve here is the number of sub-boards and the constant "moving" of threads.

thebullspen.com -- There's a board for that!

For those who think there are too many boards -- the other option is to summarily delete threads that are off-topic.

The bigger issue is people starting their own threads when there are already threads discussing the topic. (There are at least 7 threads on the front page specifically about Coach Holtz and the town meeting... why 7? isn't 1 enough?)

Some days there are dozens of new threads started on the whole site... some times more than 100 NEW threads started in one day) ... you want to wade through THAT many threads on one board??

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The Bullspen was created to discuss USF Athletics.  As it grew, so did places to discuss other topics.

I don't understand why anyone would expect a thread about the Tampa Bay Rays should be cluttering a board meant to discuss USF Athletics.

Archived