• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can USF be the 9th seed going into BE Tournament?

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

That lost to St John's is really hurting more as UCONN and ND have played much better of late. The Irish beating Georgetown today hurts badly. A win today is needed and we must beat Depaul and UCONN to get to 19-11 and 9-9 in league play. If we can be the 9th seeded team we have a great chance of picking up 2 wins to put us at 21-11 and back on the bubble. We'd probably play Depaul and if we beat them then likely play SHU.

Also it says something about Harangody that ND is a better team without him. Seton Hall also played well without Hazell in the their lineup. Both of those guys are great players but they do not make their teams better. They are volume shooters that never look to set up teammates for easy offensive chances even though they could.

We were doing well without Gus and we were better when Jones wasn't a volume shooter. Team ball is what it takes to win games and the sooner we get back to that we will again start to win games. Just a few random thoughts until gametime.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nybullsfan

For me, the loss to the Johnnies took all the fun out of speculating.

From here on out, I'll just watch each game as it comes, rooting for the Bulls to win, but not worrying about what might come next. We're too up-and-down to even think about making predictions.

Whatever happens, happens. Que sera and all that.

GO BULLS!! BEAT THE FRIARS!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

For me, the loss to the Johnnies took all the fun out of speculating.

From here on out, I'll just watch each game as it comes, rooting for the Bulls to win, but not worrying about what might come next. We're too up-and-down to even think about making predictions.

Whatever happens, happens. Que sera and all that.

Welcome to my method of watching USF hoops .... Kept me sane, mostly, for 20 years or so.   8-)

• Content Count:  1,079

we need to win these next two to at least lock up an NIT bid...

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

That lost to St John's is really hurting more as UCONN and ND have played much better of late. The Irish beating Georgetown today hurts badly. A win today is needed and we must beat Depaul and UCONN to get to 19-11 and 9-9 in league play. If we can be the 9th seeded team we have a great chance of picking up 2 wins to put us at 21-11 and back on the bubble. We'd probably play Depaul and if we beat them then likely play SHU.

Also it says something about Harangody that ND is a better team without him. Seton Hall also played well without Hazell in the their lineup. Both of those guys are great players but they do not make their teams better. They are volume shooters that never look to set up teammates for easy offensive chances even though they could.

We were doing well without Gus and we were better when Jones wasn't a volume shooter. Team ball is what it takes to win games and the sooner we get back to that we will again start to win games. Just a few random thoughts until gametime.

Vega, I have nothing but respect for your hoops acumen, but right after the St. John's you posted that the NCAAT was a "dream;" then we lost to Nova...and now you post that we have a chance to get "back on the bubble?"  I can't figure you out.

What hope can you give us that this team will play any differently tonight than since Gus has come back?...a win at all seems hopeful, let alone 3 (and then 2 in the tourney).

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

If we can somehow get to 9-9 we will have the tiebreaker against everyone but ND (not knowing all tb procedures). That would place us at 9. Maybe.

How about we just finish strong and see what will happen.

• Content Count:  5,982

Vega, I have nothing but respect for your hoops acumen, but right after the St. John's you posted that the NCAAT was a "dream;" then we lost to Nova...and now you post that we have a chance to get "back on the bubble?"  I can't figure you out.

What hope can you give us that this team will play any differently tonight than since Gus has come back?...a win at all seems hopeful, let alone 3 (and then 2 in the tourney).

All is true. As a fan I get pissed off like anybody else, but as an amateur writer lol, I have to post facts and look at the big picture. Technically we are not out of it. It will take a 5 game win streak at the very least to make everyone bleeding green and gold to pay attention to selection Sunday. Do I think they are going to be a NCAAT team? NO buts fact is they are not truly eliminated from that dream until they either don't win 5 in a row or fail to win the BET.

Like I said it's just random thoughts. ;)

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Fair enough!...thanks for the hope.  I think.  ;D

• Content Count:  1,027

In a 3- or 4-way tie, we get a lower seed if ND is involved.  It would actually get us a higher seed if they just finish ahead of us with more conference wins.

Archived