• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Commit!

Guest AstroBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Maybe this guy is best friends with  Marvell Waithe who is his teammate. Heath really wanted Waithe but got beat out by his old school Arkansas for his services. If we were getting Waithe then I would have been excited. Get Waithe to switch his commitment.

Waithe has already signed with UA, no switching that commit unfortunately >:(

I like the idea of getting a Juco wing that is ready to play because many times even highly recruited 4 stars are not ready to contribute immediately. That said I would certainly take a 4 star h.s. wing over this kid, but none seem interested. We still have 2 schollies available so hopefully Stan can bring the HEAT ;) with those last two spots.   

We have just 1 left now. We had 3 but Haynes and now this guy are on board.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe this guy is best friends with  Marvell Waithe who is his teammate. Heath really wanted Waithe but got beat out by his old school Arkansas for his services. If we were getting Waithe then I would have been excited. Get Waithe to switch his commitment.

Waithe has already signed with UA, no switching that commit unfortunately >:(

I like the idea of getting a Juco wing that is ready to play because many times even highly recruited 4 stars are not ready to contribute immediately. That said I would certainly take a 4 star h.s. wing over this kid, but none seem interested. We still have 2 schollies available so hopefully Stan can bring the HEAT ;) with those last two spots.   

We have just 1 left now. We had 3 but Haynes and now this guy are on board.

Right I forgot about Anderson when I was making a mental list of our roster for next year :-[  So we only have two if Burwell or Noriega transfers or if Jones or Gus leave early.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

This is a disappoint. For JC you want a guy at least dropping 20 ppg and 8 boards.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

I'm starting to really question if

Heath can get this program to the next level

you've got to be kidding me right?

the guy has us in contention to make the ncaa tournament for the first time in almost 20 years. we are a perennial loser and because of him we are turning it around.  He already has us at the next level.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

the guy has us in contention to make the ncaa tournament for the first time in almost 20 years. we are a perennial loser and because of him we are turning it around.  He already has us at the next level.

It all depends on what your definition of the "next level" is. Yours is obviously just being able to seriously talk post season in February. To others, actually reaching the post season is getting to that next level. No matter what the definition is, I definitely wouldn't question Stan getting us there yet ...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

-- A little follow-up on new Bulls commitment Hugh Robertson, the 6-5 guard from Tallahassee Community College. Talked with Dartez Talbott, his high school coach at Macon (Ga.) Northeast two years ago, and he's not surprised to see Robertson pledged to play at a high level of college basketball.

Talbott said Robertson's strength in high school was his versatility -- he recalls him just missing a quadruple-double in one game, tallying 22 points, 16 rebounds, 11 assists and nine steals. Robertson could defend any position on the court, posting up with taller players and keeping up with quicker guards. One game, Talbott suspended his top shooting guard, and Robertson responded by going 8-for-9 on 3-pointers.

"I saw great potential," Talbott said. "He can shoot, he can defend, and he can jump out of the gym. We played in summer camp against the top players in Georgia, and it was nothing for him to have five or six alley-oops in a game."

Talbott said Robertson's weakness might be his unselfishness, looking out for his teammates almost too much when he needed to be confident in his own ability to score points. it's a noble quality most places, but as a 2-guard, it can limit his success. "Shoot the **** ball," Talbott would say, but he said he's seen more confidence in Robertson's statistics this season.

Talbott said Robertson is one of the best athletes he's ever coached, in the top three or four as far as all-around game, and his coaching days go back to former Louisville and Celtics star Greg Minor in the late 1980s.

February 13, 2010 in Men's basketball, Recruiting | Permalink

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/02/notes-eagles-laugh-at-jones-guarantee.html#more

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I'll be skeptical until I see him on the floor.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'll be skeptical until I see him on the floor.

Well, if he doesn't work out maybe we can get Gunsby to walk on.  ;D

HSBKC1230cw005.jpg

Opelika’s Montrez Hunter fights with Jamius Gunsby of LaGrange (Ga.) for a rebound during the Bulldogs’ overtime loss Wednesday night in the championship game of the Opelika Christmas Classic.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

It all depends on what your definition of the "next level" is. Yours is obviously just being able to seriously talk post season in February. To others, actually reaching the post season is getting to that next level. No matter what the definition is, I definitely wouldn't question Stan getting us there yet ...

Your assessment is right on.

Archived