• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Commit!

Guest AstroBull

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Robertston, an athletic 6-4 wing, was one of the biggest surprises we've seen all season. He's on the high-major radar, according to his coaches, but academic issues may force his hand to the junior college route

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I've never heard of him and apparently rivals and scout don't know much about him either.  Not showing any schools in his list... not even USF. 

I'd be interested to hear more about this kid.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Well this is an early morning shocker! First Showtime Haynes and now this guy???

I don't understand what Heath is doing. He and coach Skeeters spend so much time up in the Virgina area recruiting these last 2 weeks only to get this guy committed.

In my experience it is s bad sign when you google a guy and can't find any info on him. The 93rd rated JC player is awful. Haynes was rated low to and we know JC ball is watered down due to prep schools.

Heath must plan on Burwell and Noriega leaving the program after the season of else someone should check him for drug use.

The Heat Academy guys, the African PF, and several others are still available. If USF can make the NCAAT never telling who else we can get. I hope neither Haynes or this guy show up on campus.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Robertston, an athletic 6-4 wing, was one of the biggest surprises we've seen all season. He's on the high-major radar, according to his coaches, but academic issues may force his hand to the junior college route

You must be quoting an older article or something because he already went the junior college route....I wonder how much eligibility he has left....2 years maybe?

Here is an article from December where he scores 25 to beat Central Florida........Community College. Oddly enough that was the same week that USF beat UCF.

http://www.tcc.fl.edu/about_tcc/athletics/athletic_archives/2009/december_2009/tcc_men_rally_past_central_florida_for_eighth_straight_win

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Maybe this guy is best friends with  Marvell Waithe who is his teammate. Heath really wanted Waithe but got beat out by his old school Arkansas for his services. If we were getting Waithe then I would have been excited. Get Waithe to switch his commitment.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

February 12, 2010

USF gets commitment from 6-5 juco guard

USF coach Stan Heath has added another piece to his 2010 recruiting class, picking up a commitment Thursday from Hugh Robertson, a 6-foot-5, 195-pound shooting guard from Tallahassee Community College.

"He's a tremendous athlete. He's developed an all-around game, and he has a package where he could be a very good player," said Eddie Barnes, his coach at TCC.

Robertson, who is from Macon, Ga., averages 12.4 points and 4.4 rebounds per game for TCC, hitting 41 percent of his 3-point attempts. Heath and assistant coach Reggie Hanson saw Robertson play Wednesday night, when he scored 22 points to lead TCC in a loss to Gulf Coast Community College in Panama City.

Robertson was also being recruited by Nebraska, Auburn, UNLV and Central Florida, according to Barnes. USF had initially pursued one of his TCC teammates, power forward Marvell Waithe, who has since signed with Arkansas. Barnes said Robertson has made a solid transition from playing forward in high school to becoming a shooting guard in college, adding a solid perimeter shot to go with his ability to slash and score.

"He's gotten better, and I think he will get better," Barnes said. "His spring and summer will be important, but I think he's going to explode next season."

Robertson is the fourth member of Heath's incoming recruiting class. Center Waverly Austin and point guard Lavonte Dority signed during the early signing period, and Heath also has a commitment from Shedrick Haynes, a junior college point guard.

Robertson is rated as the nation's No. 93 junior college prospect, according to JucoJunction.com. Haynes is No. 42 in the same rankings.

February 12, 2010 in Men's basketball, Recruiting | Permalink

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/02/usf-gets-commitment-from-65-juco-guard.html

• Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe this guy is best friends with  Marvell Waithe who is his teammate. Heath really wanted Waithe but got beat out by his old school Arkansas for his services. If we were getting Waithe then I would have been excited. Get Waithe to switch his commitment.

Waithe has already signed with UA, no switching that commit unfortunately >:(

I like the idea of getting a Juco wing that is ready to play because many times even highly recruited 4 stars are not ready to contribute immediately. That said I would certainly take a 4 star h.s. wing over this kid, but none seem interested. We still have 2 schollies available so hopefully Stan can bring the HEAT ;) with those last two spots. 

• Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

Waithe has already signed with UA, no switching that commit unfortunately >:(

I like the idea of getting a Juco wing that is ready to play because many times even highly recruited 4 stars are not ready to contribute immediately. That said I would certainly take a 4 star h.s. wing over this kid, but none seem interested. We still have 2 schollies available so hopefully Stan can bring the HEAT ;) with those last two spots.   

I count that we only have one spot remaining if no one leaves.

Crater, Jones, Noriega, Burwell, Toarlyn, Anderson, Gus, Famous, Waverly, Dority, Showtime Haynes, and Robertson.  Thats 12 and i'm pretty sure the max schollies you can have on the roster is 13.

Archived