• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Top prospects for 2011

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

There's a 5 star DT Timmy Jernigen thats got USF on his list. And there's a 4 star DT Chris Jones who have ECU on his list. I don't know if he was being recruited by Coach Holtz staff. USF should have a top 25 class next season. Hopefully

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.  Jernigan will have offers from every program in the country so it won't be easy.  However, we did get two of his teammates this year (Powell and Montague) and Coach Callum used to play here.  Also the prior staff was on him for a long while and the new staff will be too.  I do not know who on staff is recruiting him yet, but Kevin Patrick has done a decent job recruiting and closing on the DL and this will be one of his main targets.

I think Jernigan has big offers out there now. UF, FSU, and more.

I like the fact that Coach Holtz know he might have to go up north to get O-linemen. Big Ole Jimbos.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

this could be an even bigger year in FL for recruiting then the one just signed.  James Wilder, and Jernigan will be battling it 1 and 2 for the top recruit in the country-- and I doubt they have any equals.  Jernigan played last year at around 6-2+ 280lbs and had 15 sacks as a DT.  He has more speed and quicks then most DE's.

If USF has a shot to land one elite, elite my bet goes to Jernigan over Wilder.  USF has been recruiting Jernigan since he was a soph, offered him his first scholarship before his soph year.  Coach Callum is a USF grad at Lake City Columbia...KP is dying to get the kid, and Jernigan is related to Tiger Powell.  We're presently in his top 3 and if the new staff continues the effort to maintain they should stay there.

The negatives-- he likes UF.  Dan McCartney has also lived on his doorstep, Columbia's new HC, coached last season, was the old coach at Bolles that sent the Messiah to UF, and a UF supporter.

A big one to keep an eye on.

With that being said I hope someone makes sure Skip and crew get the number to Tarpon Spring's DT Broderick Lee...he's also a bigger level BCS DT, not to Jernigan's level but we've got some serious 'in's' with Lee.  His brother was a guy we signed a few years out of TS and sent to JC.  USF is also very close with his HC, Kotis, who just quit yesterday.

The local area is going to be so fertile next year.  Andre Davis at Jefferson, Charles Lovett at Hills High (i think we're the early leader here-- another speed merchant but only about 5-8 right now but still 16 years old), Frankie Williams at Robinson HS (an Arenas clone)....

• Content Count:  95

Holtz needs to target Tampa Bay area recruits, USF should be at least be in considering by these recruits. I dont mind if they choose SEC or ACC teams, we just cant let them go play for other teams in the Big East.  >:D  Protect this Area!!!

Stevie Weatherford has been offer a scholarship by USF. Im looking forward for more big names!

• Content Count:  622

Ja'Juan Story

6-4 190 lb

WR - Nature Coast Tech

This kid will be at least a 4-star. Just got an invite to the Nike combine. I can't wait until he gets out there and makes some of his numbers official. He ran a 4.31 last summer with 3 people timing. I doubt he runs that electronically but it will be in the 4.3s.

He averaged 32.54 yards per catch this season. He played at QB a lot this year and probably will next year. Kinda like Christian Green I guess. Definitely a WR though.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Yeah I hate to say it, and standard disclaimers apply ("anything can happen yaddah yaddah"), but everything I've read about Jernigan suggests he's a Gator. It'd be great, but I don't see any way he lands at USF.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

this could be an even bigger year in FL for recruiting then the one just signed.  James Wilder, and Jernigan will be battling it 1 and 2 for the top recruit in the country-- and I doubt they have any equals.  Jernigan played last year at around 6-2+ 280lbs and had 15 sacks as a DT.  He has more speed and quicks then most DE's.

If USF has a shot to land one elite, elite my bet goes to Jernigan over Wilder.  USF has been recruiting Jernigan since he was a soph, offered him his first scholarship before his soph year.  Coach Callum is a USF grad at Lake City Columbia...KP is dying to get the kid, and Jernigan is related to Tiger Powell.  We're presently in his top 3 and if the new staff continues the effort to maintain they should stay there.

The negatives-- he likes UF.  Dan McCartney has also lived on his doorstep, Columbia's new HC, coached last season, was the old coach at Bolles that sent the Messiah to UF, and a UF supporter.

A big one to keep an eye on.

With that being said I hope someone makes sure Skip and crew get the number to Tarpon Spring's DT Broderick Lee...he's also a bigger level BCS DT, not to Jernigan's level but we've got some serious 'in's' with Lee.  His brother was a guy we signed a few years out of TS and sent to JC.  USF is also very close with his HC, Kotis, who just quit yesterday.

The local area is going to be so fertile next year.  Andre Davis at Jefferson, Charles Lovett at Hills High (i think we're the early leader here-- another speed merchant but only about 5-8 right now but still 16 years old), Frankie Williams at Robinson HS (an Arenas clone)....

Jesus Played ball at Nease not Bolles

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Ja'Juan Story

6-4 190 lb

WR - Nature Coast Tech

This kid will be at least a 4-star. Just got an invite to the Nike combine. I can't wait until he gets out there and makes some of his numbers official. He ran a 4.31 last summer with 3 people timing. I doubt he runs that electronically but it will be in the 4.3s.

He averaged 32.54 yards per catch this season. He played at QB a lot this year and probably will next year. Kinda like Christian Green I guess. Definitely a WR though.

If Holtz means what he says about circling Tampa Story will be one of the top targets for the 2011 class. 

Archived