• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Top prospects for 2011

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Shark,  nice one on JaJuan...not many people know about him except a few colleges.  I believe his offers are starting to come in and he is getting BCS ones.  I want this kid bad, he's the type of kid USF should get on now, and show the love, so by August he's not running and verbally to the first big offer he gets.  He's still a well kept secret relatively speaking, and like someone said perhaps his brother can go JC and we can get him in as a pref walk-on or on schollie to entice.

Ray Drew's probably a pipedream...Cliett's school but we just got on him.  I am not sure if there is any connection to Cliett..relation.  Could get interesting though.

bull dozier...i meant his HC came from Nease...whereever the Messiah played.

Remember two North Pasco names, Hernando guys like Broderick Lee, and JaJuan.  Lee is the kind of kid we'll all blink and by July he'll be this year's Leon Orr.  Everyone will wonder who and why....but he's been dominating Pasco, and North Pinellas for a while.  He's a better DL then Pompey, that's for sure!  Which says a lot.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  622

Ja'Juan is getting more popular than people know. Ohio State has already called him and told him to expect an offer. Minnesota and Georgia Tech among others are informed also.

Broderick Lee is from Tarpon Springs. They have a few D1 players over there for next year.

Pasco has Jamie Byrd who is a stud. We need to keep an eye on Hernando High School also.

But I am going to go to the next home basketball game and while I am there I am going to try and meet up with some football coaches or something and give them Ja'Juan's film/transcripts personally.

• Content Count:  4,016

Ja'Juan is getting more popular than people know. Ohio State has already called him and told him to expect an offer. Minnesota and Georgia Tech among others are informed also.

Broderick Lee is from Tarpon Springs. They have a few D1 players over there for next year.

Pasco has Jamie Byrd who is a stud. We need to keep an eye on Hernando High School also.

But I am going to go to the next home basketball game and while I am there I am going to try and meet up with some football coaches or something and give them Ja'Juan's film/transcripts personally.

Oh no, there goes the neighborhood when OSU starts calling.  Ja'Juan is a good looking athlete I hope our staff jumps on early and quickly.  Good idea getting them the video....they're still a bit chaotic in terms of the who's and what's they need to go after next year.

I know Lee's from TS, we signed his older brother Engram 2-3 years ago but he was a sign and place JC.  I don't believe he ever made it into JC?  Lee's a good one, and we had an ally in his former HC Kotis but he just left TS...so now's the time to get in with the new staff, and work Lee.  He's a good one, and they've got a D1 RB for next year.  They had possibly the best RB/Athlete in the area, or the best no one had heard of in Adrian Golden but he was never eligible and couldn't take visits and is going JUCO.  Look for him to be a top JC coming out in 2 years if he follows through.  He was so electric with the ball.  The year before I think he played at Gulf and was just plain unstoppable returning kicks, and rushing for nearly 2500 yards!  This year at TS he was sporadically available because of academics, and platooning with the other younger back but still had showed great stuff.  Schools drooled over him but rarely visited because of his eligibility.  Thankfully it kept some big schools away from TS this year since they didn't have anyone really D1 material. 

Byrd's a nice athlete too.  Pasco, and Hernando are loaded this year.  Keep up the good Nature Coast chattter!

• Content Count:  1,633

By ADAM ADKINS  | The Tampa Tribune

Published: February 9, 2010

With National Signing Day 2010 already past, schools and recruiting services are looking ahead to Class of 2011.

The Orlando Sentinel is also doing so and recently released its 2011 Top 100, compiled by Bill Buchalter.

At the top of the list is a familiar name to area football fans: Plant two-way standout James Wilder Jr.

Wilder is the son of former Tampa Bay Buccaneers All-Pro running back James Wilder, and led the Panthers to the Class 5A state championship this past December, including a shutout win at perennial powerhouse Lakeland High in the semifinals.

But Wilder wasn't the only local player to make the Sentinel's list. The others:

No. 7: Jefferson receiver Andre Davis

No. 13: Clearwater Countryside offensive lineman Tyler Moore

No. 15: Plant City tight end Jordan Prestwood

No. 33: Clearwater Countryside defensive back Alex Dixon

No. 34: Land O' Lakes defensive lineman Gary Myrick

No. 39: Jefferson quarterback Quentin Williams

No. 49: Spoto linebacker Rodney Williams

No. 78: Plant quarterback Phillip Ely

No. 83: Alonso defensive lineman Anthony Chickillo

No. 85: Land O' Lakes quarterback Steve Weatherford

No. 89: Tarpon Springs defensive lineman Broderick Lee

No. 91: Hillsborough receiver Charles Lovett

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/feb/09/plants-wilder-tops-sentinels-top-state-recruits-li/news-breaking/

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,646
  • Days Won:  29

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Scout's Top 150 was just released. We are in the running for a number of them. Jernigan is #2, Wilder is #10:

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=9&c=4&pid=88&yr=2011

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Any info on Chris Jones. He a 6'4 275 4 star DT out of Jacksonville. He's looking at East Carolina, Florida State,  Iowa State,  Miami (FL),  Syracuse. Only offer came from East Carolina. I wonder if he got that offer from Coach Holtz while he was there.

• Content Count:  622

By ADAM ADKINS  | The Tampa Tribune

Published: February 9, 2010

With National Signing Day 2010 already past, schools and recruiting services are looking ahead to Class of 2011.

The Orlando Sentinel is also doing so and recently released its 2011 Top 100, compiled by Bill Buchalter.

At the top of the list is a familiar name to area football fans: Plant two-way standout James Wilder Jr.

Wilder is the son of former Tampa Bay Buccaneers All-Pro running back James Wilder, and led the Panthers to the Class 5A state championship this past December, including a shutout win at perennial powerhouse Lakeland High in the semifinals.

But Wilder wasn't the only local player to make the Sentinel's list. The others:

No. 7: Jefferson receiver Andre Davis

No. 13: Clearwater Countryside offensive lineman Tyler Moore

No. 15: Plant City tight end Jordan Prestwood

No. 33: Clearwater Countryside defensive back Alex Dixon

No. 34: Land O' Lakes defensive lineman Gary Myrick

No. 39: Jefferson quarterback Quentin Williams

No. 49: Spoto linebacker Rodney Williams

No. 78: Plant quarterback Phillip Ely

No. 83: Alonso defensive lineman Anthony Chickillo

No. 85: Land O' Lakes quarterback Steve Weatherford

No. 89: Tarpon Springs defensive lineman Broderick Lee

No. 91: Hillsborough receiver Charles Lovett

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/feb/09/plants-wilder-tops-sentinels-top-state-recruits-li/news-breaking/

and No. 32: Ja'Juan Story.. tbo...

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Checking out news on the Bulls on scout.com. They have write up about Tim Jernigen from gaytor bastards section. Talking about how Tim has almost ever offer in America. But the gaytors are the CLEAR CUT FAVORITES to get Tim. I hope, I hope, I hope that USF smash them.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Nature Coast WR Ja'Juan Story gets USF offer

Posted on Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2010 at 10:46 a.m.

Nature Coast receiver Ja'Juan Story will visit USF today to pick up an official scholarship.

The rising senior got the verbal offer Tuesday morning and will travel to campus later today with Nature Coast assistant Rob Kazmier to check out the facilities and attend the USF men's basketball game against Cincinnati.

Story already has offers from Florida State, Florida International and Marshall.

"Ja'Juan is open right now," Kazmier said. "He likes Florida State. He likes USF."

Kazmier talked to USF receivers coach Phil McGeoghan on Monday. McGeoghan, who already knew about Story according to Kazmier, watched Story's Youtube clip online.

"He talked to Ja'Juan and we got things rolling," Kazmier said. "It was perfect timing on my part because they're going over the recruiting plan right now. Today is receivers."

Story (6-foot-4, 185 pounds) primarily played receiver and defensive back in 2009, also sharing time at quarterback.

At receiver, he had 13 receptions for 423 yards (32.5 yards per catch) and three touchdowns. At quarterback, he had 27 carries for 265 yards and two touchdowns (just two starts as a quarterback). Defensively he had 22 tackles and one sack.

igould@tampabay.com

http://hometeam.tampabay.com/recruiting/2010/feb/16/nature-coast-wr-jajuan-story-gets-usf-offer/

Archived