• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Top prospects for 2011

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

Mitchell is already gone.

I know, but we don't have a player on our roster who will be able to adequately replace him this year. Mitchell was faster and bigger than any other WR we have. We will have to fill the void with signing a big, fast WR like Story in 2011.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  95

I say go for it, WR is a big need for 2011 and Story is a stud.   

Im sold on him. USF bring him in for a visit!

Guest Scherdin

If we make as big a splash in the NFL draft as I think we will, many more top players will seriously consider USF. That's the bottom line.

It will help, not sure what the thought process will be from recruites with the coaching staff shake up (was it JL and staff that got them there or true talent).  But anytime you get more then a couple guys going to play on Sunday it can only help.  Have to make sure they get the Hall of Fame updated with all the players jerseys in the Athletic Building for new recruits to see, impressions are everything to 18 yr olds...

• Content Count:  622

Where did his brother wind up?

Antwon... he has some small offers. I am hoping to meet up with some Jucos or Prep schools at the East Bay recruiting fair.

He will end up somewhere though. He should dominate the track this spring.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Is he considering walking on at USF?

No, I doubt that would be an option. He is working on grades still.

Could be a good situation for USF if they offer his little brother and then sign him out of a prep school.

Bring in both of the Story boys... and have you heard of the Freshman stud at Pasco, Janarion Grant??

That is family too. Definitely a good bloodline.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

No, I'm not familiar with him.

Well as a freshman this year at Pasco playing varsity..

70 rushes - 753 yards and 10 TDs.

14 rec - 411 yards and 5 TDs.

Vs American Heritage... 2 receptions for 120 yards and 2 TDs.

Also had 5 total TDs vs Wiregrass Ranch.

• Content Count:  159

I like the fact that Coach Holtz know he might have to go up north to get O-linemen. Big Ole Jimbos.

It doesn't matter where they come from.  UF and Alabama did just fine with ZERO starting O-Lineman from outside the south.  In fact almost half were from Florida.

This is a kid to keep an eye on. Same high school Bogan is out of and where we just got Cliett from..

One of top 2011 DEs has 17 offers and counting

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Posted By Brian McLaughlin 10:24 AM

By Brian McLaughlin

Sporting News

A month ago, the U.S. Army All-American Bowl announced that a handful of juniors had been invited to next year’s game, the earliest it had ever started putting together the roster.

Ray Drew, a Sporting News Top 100 watchlist candidate for 2011, was one of those athletes.

The Thomas County Central (Thomasville, Ga.) weakside defensive end told Sporting News Today that he has 17 scholarship offers already, and every time he receives one, he considers it an honor. By this time next year, that number of offers may double.

This week, he landed a scholarship offer from Notre Dame. Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee are just some of the other schools that extended early offers.

“As of right now, I’m just now actually looking into schools and what they have to offer—but I’m not really that deep into it all yet, I’m just starting,†Drew (6-5/235) told Sporting News Today. “I was a big Florida State fan when I was little, but that was my dream school. Now with so much going on, I’m just waiting to see how everything comes out. I’m going to use all the extra time I have to check them out.â€

Whoever lands Drew won’t have to worry about getting a quality individual. The defensive end is a youth minister and has been licensed to do it since his eighth grade year.

They’ll also be getting a quality player. Drew said he patterns his style after the NFL’s Everette Brown.

“I bring good size to the front line and I know whenever I get to college they’ll work to put the size on me and I’ll get quicker,†Drew said. “I want to be a part of the pass rush. That’s one of the strongest aspects of my game.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/TheRecruitnik/entry/view/54686/one_of_top_2011_des_has_17_offers_and_counting

Archived