• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF pulls Carnes offer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Mama Bull. Love that picture. You know we are gonna be calling him "Gumby". More power to Skip. He is pulling in other QB prospects because he went ahead and let Carnes go. His coach can't be pissed, this is the way the game is played. I like Jamius better than Carnes anyway, scouting reports be damned.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  578
  • Days Won:  0

This is going to sound like I'm drinking the green kool aid but I have no problem with this move. We've obviously pissed the Manatee coach off but I think he's off base anyways with such comments:

“In all my years of coaching, I have never seen anything like this. The USF coaching staff is no longer welcome at our school,†Kinnan said. “If they thought he was not going to sign with them, they should have at least given him the opportunity to take his last visit and make a decision. After all, he was their first commit.â€

Anyone that follows recruiting knows thing like this happen all the time at big time schools, like the previously aforementioned Demar Dorsey. Also other things like having Blake HS's McFarland commit to the Gators earlier in the year and then tell him a week ago that he needed to grayshirt (sit out a year) and then now this week tell him never mind he can have a scholarship now, because one opened up. I really have a hard time believing a coach who puts kids into D-1 schools has never seen anything like this. I think he's just emotionally attached to the kid so it seems like a big deal. I say that because he says later:

“Odds were he probably wasn’t going to go there anyway,†Kinnan said. “But I’ve lost a lot of respect for the South Florida program.â€

So now we're the bad guys by pulling his offer when he wasn't coming here anyways? I think we're actually the good guys because we show guys like Jamius Gunsby and/or Tim Smith (QBs who allegedly want to be here) that we're committed to having them.

Just to reiterate to people who may think this is an odd/weird/stupid move:

“Odds were he probably wasn’t going to go there anyway,†Kinnan said.

wellbye.jpg

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i'm really pissed about this...

you don't do that to your first commit of the class...

you dont walk in and piss off local HS coaches...

Carnes is far and away better than this Gunsby character.

MANATEE will have EXCELLENT 2011 recruits and now we are already eliminated from those ones.

• Content Count:  259

So stupid. I like what Skip has done so far but this is just dumb. He wasn't coming here so no need to save face by being the one to initiate it and then getting banned from recruiting players there. There is no positive to pulling it and losing out on good players down the road.

• Content Count:  1,757

Im sure there is some reason. Maybe we are going to start playing by the same rules as some of these other universities and pulling schollies for these guys who go and take visits this late. He wasnt coming her, im sure holtz know what he is doing

• Content Count:  509

What happened to Holtz honoring all offers? USF is not Florida, and we can't afford pulling offers from our four star recruits because they are visiting other schools. Still waiting for more details since I am dumbfounded at this time.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Way to go Skip. If this kid had been doing this to FL they would have pulled their offer as soon as he started scheduling plane flights. Look at what NU did. They gave him an offer and pulled it 5 days later when he kept screwing around. Get used to rules boys, were playing in the big leagues now.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Hey, I have a great idea!!  Why don't we wait until we find out why before we pass judgment?  There may be a very good reason for this.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Hey, I have a great idea!!  Why don't we wait until we find out why before we pass judgment?  There may be a very good reason for this.

lets hope so...

getting some of manatee's 2011 class would have been nice.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Way to go Skip. If this kid had been doing this to FL they would have pulled their offer as soon as he started scheduling plane flights. Look at what NU did. They gave him an offer and pulled it 5 days later when he kept screwing around. Get used to rules boys, were playing in the big leagues now.

Bill, where did you see NU pulled their offer too? if so, then what a mistake carnes made by wavering.

Archived