• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF pulls Carnes offer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

The guy is a high school football coach. Guess he thinks he is a big deal

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  259

i'm really pissed about this...

you don't do that to your first commit of the class...

you dont walk in and **** off local HS coaches...

Carnes is far and away better than this Gunsby character.

MANATEE will have EXCELLENT 2011 recruits and now we are already eliminated from those ones.

This is but a bump in the road.  Skip can go down there and tell "Harry High School" how its gonna be and we will be able to recruit manatee kids whenever the hell we fell like it. . . . . to prohibit USF from offering a free education to one of his players is evidence that Coach kinnan is a self aggrandizing piece of violation.

Put another way, his veiled threats are pointless. . . . . . . We're USF and within 5 years we'll be numero uno inwith HS players in SW FL.  I know, Skip knows it and even Kinnan knows it.

I love the optimism but it just isn't based in reality. As messed up as it sounds coaches all over the country control recruiting. Its an ego thing for sure and they push or deny kids to certain schools. Being on that ban list is a bad place to be.

And unless something major happens UF will remain #1 with all the top talent for the foreseeable future and HS coaches especially love to say they sent kids to UF.

• Content Count:  4,879

The guy is a high school football coach. Guess he thinks he is a big deal

as high school coaches go, he is a legend.  hopefully skip gets this smoothed out

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Somebody posted this in Greg's blog:

"Holtz was supposed to be meeting with the Academic Committee today on the recruits. Is it possible that Carnes would not get admitted? If so, it would seem like a class move on Holtz's part."

Makes sense that Holtz would be meeting with our academic committee at this point,because if a player could not accepted we would let them know right away, so they could make other arrangements.

I remember reading that Carnes took his SAT last week and that's why he was a day late getting to NU. I also heard that he planned on taking it again this week. If either of those things are true, then it stands to reason that he wasn't comfortable with his academic situation for admission to a university.

We had some problems a couple of years ago where the academic committee advised Leaviitt very late that some verbals would not be accepted and it didn't give the players sufficient time to make other college plans before signing day. One of them in particular is current verbal Justin Green. He wasn't allowed to sign with us and he tried to correct the academic concerns of USF before that summer, but still wasn't accepted and he ended up going the JUCO route.

• Content Count:  578

"Holtz was supposed to be meeting with the Academic Committee today on the recruits. Is it possible that Carnes would not get admitted? If so, it would seem like a class move on Holtz's part."

Makes sense that Holtz would be meeting with our academic committee at this point,because if a player could not accepted we would let them know right away, so they could make other arrangements.

I remember reading that Carnes took his SAT last week and that's why he was a day late getting to NU. I also heard that he planned on taking it again this week. If either of those things are true, then it stands to reason that he wasn't comfortable with his academic situation for admission to a university.

We had some problems a couple of years ago where the academic committee advised Leaviitt very late that some verbals would not be accepted and it didn't give the players sufficient time to make other college plans before signing day. One of them in particular is current verbal Justin Green. He wasn't allowed to sign with us and he tried to correct the academic concerns of USF before that summer, but still wasn't accepted and he ended up going the JUCO route.

A little off-topic here Mama but did you see on that Hillsborough County HS forum that broke the T-Rex story that the coach said:

Stay tuned for Christian Green News.

Don't know what that means. He put it inside the T-Rex to USF thread but as far as I knew we were off the radar for him. Could be an interesting development and might make us forget this situation, lol.

A little off-topic here Mama but did you see on that Hillsborough County HS forum that broke the T-Rex story that the coach said:

Don't know what that means. He put it inside the T-Rex to USF thread but as far as I knew we were off the radar for him. Could be an interesting development and might make us forget this situation, lol.

Oh, interesting.

His dad played basketball for USF and still works for USF in some capacity.

Maybe the BB game last night got him and his son all hyped up about going to USF.  ;D

We were recruiting im originally as a QB but would have loved to have him as a WR, if that's what he wants to do. Either way, he's more than welcome.

• Content Count:  578

that got my panties wet. (so to speak)

Yes if we got Christian Green, it would be a grand slam commit even more out of left field than the Mitchell commit, IMO. All signs pointed to him going to FSU, Georgia and maybe even Florida. I try not to get my hopes up but I will be paying attention to those forums for the next few days to see what the coach has to say.

• Content Count:  1,633

The following was an excerpt from tampabay.com right after coach Holtz was hired:

"On the issue of honoring scholarships extended to recruits by Leavitt and his staff, Holtz will honor all scholarships that were extended and accepted by recruits -- the commitments are safe. Other recruits who have standing offers but have not made decisions will be re-evaluated."

From all people I can't believe he pulled Carnes' offer. I'm waiting for more details of what exactly happened, but this is not looking good right now!

Well BJ is going to be here awhile so we are saving this guy from transferring in a year.

he probly would have taken a RS and been our QB as a RS JR/SR

Kinda find it hard to believe 4 star recruits ride the bench for 3 years.  Sorry to see him go but not Earth shattering at the moment.

And there are plenty of 4-star recruits that don't pan out....Carlton Hill ring a bell?

that got my panties wet. (so to speak)

Yes if we got Christian Green, it would be a grand slam commit even more out of left field than the Mitchell commit, IMO. All signs pointed to him going to FSU, Georgia and maybe even Florida. I try not to get my hopes up but I will be paying attention to those forums for the next few days to see what the coach has to say.

Well, you know that T-Rex was once KING of the WORLD. I'm sure he held great sway over many of the other powerful beasts.

Could also be that when our T-Rex speaks his peers listen intently:

BCP

BCP The Bay's Best Sports Forum

Administrator

Alumnus

Re: REX to USF

« Reply #16 on: Today at 06:08:20 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: BOCEPHUS on Today at 02:11:43 PM

Nole & Usf08, I'm pretty sure BCP has VERY good knkowledge of the situation, now that doesn't mean he can't change his mind again.

BCP, any insight as to why?

Ill let Rex tell you himself.  He's a bright young man and evaluated the situation to a T.  The Noles did a great job recruiting him.  USF was just a step ahead.  I'll create a video and post it on youtube and let Rex tell you himself.  He is a Bull and is happy with his decision.

The thing is, if USF can keep bringing in home town playmakers like Giddins, Lamar and Rex, I think they have a chance to be a great program.

« Last Edit: Today at 06:29:33 PM by BCP »  Logged 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jackson@bigcountypreps.com

http://twitter.com/TampaBCP

http://www.youtube.com/BigCountyPreps

BCP

Administrator

Alumnus

Re: REX to USF

« Reply #17 on: Today at 06:31:35 PM » 

Quote from: Dragons on Today at 01:57:21 PM

how has this not been picked up by rivals or scout yet... he is a top notch recruit

Try now.  My phone hasn't stopped ringin'

Jackson@bigcountypreps.com

http://twitter.com/TampaBCP

http://www.youtube.com/BigCountyPreps

http://bigcountypreps.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=4402.0

Archived