• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF pulls Carnes offer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Pelini was going to pull the LB's scholly who came and visited here, he had to have a sit down with him to save his scholly

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  259

Not sure how you can spin this. Its a stupid move anyway you look at it. We probably weren't getting him so you let it play out and stay on the good side of a powerful coach.

And to those saying UF would have pulled the scholarship you really don't follow recruiting at all. They even have a current commit who decommitted to FSU from them and they took him back. Talent is talent and pulling the "you cant fire me because I quit" move is beyond dumb.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Way to go Skip. If this kid had been doing this to FL they would have pulled their offer as soon as he started scheduling plane flights. Look at what NU did. They gave him an offer and pulled it 5 days later when he kept screwing around. Get used to rules boys, were playing in the big leagues now.

Bill, where did you see NU pulled their offer too? if so, then what a mistake carnes made by wavering.

I read it about 3 places today. I read about 400 web sites, don't remember where.

• Content Count:  1,757

Abadabababa obviously know far more than our coaching staff. If only holtz and staff had his vast recruiting knowledge

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Look, I don't know the particulars, but does anybody really think he would have ended up choosing WKU over USF or NU?

There is a reason why colleges recruit QB's very early in the process. They are the most valuable player for your team and need to be locked up.

Holtz, apparently, honored his verbal and wood him, but there comes a point at which you must fish or cut bait.

This is the last recruiting weekend and by this time Carnes should have made a decision and let USF and NU know, in order that both schools could move on and not keep other possible QB's in limbo.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Maybe when Skip was meeting with Carnes he asked him, "Are you committing to USF?" and Carnes said, "No, I'm not."  What would be the reason for leaving it open then?  What if leaving it open kept some other QB from coming?  Then on signing day, Carnes goes elsewhere and we have no other QB recruit.

Way to go Skip. If this kid had been doing this to FL they would have pulled their offer as soon as he started scheduling plane flights. Look at what NU did. They gave him an offer and pulled it 5 days later when he kept screwing around. Get used to rules boys, were playing in the big leagues now.

:clap

• Content Count:  509

The following was an excerpt from tampabay.com right after coach Holtz was hired:

"On the issue of honoring scholarships extended to recruits by Leavitt and his staff, Holtz will honor all scholarships that were extended and accepted by recruits -- the commitments are safe. Other recruits who have standing offers but have not made decisions will be re-evaluated."

From all people I can't believe he pulled Carnes' offer. I'm waiting for more details of what exactly happened, but this is not looking good right now!

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Again, Skip met with Carnes.  You have no clue as to what transpired.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

IMO, you pull it because you think he really is going to sign with WKU.  Essentially saying that Nebraska is one thing but we're not going to let a "commit" leave us at the altar for wku.  There may have been a warning that if carnes took the wku visit the scholarship would get pulled.  Lots of questions. 

Archived