• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

now that we know who the assistants are...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Still, worried about offensive line coach(es) as only Larry Scott is listed.

The main reason (i imagine) Scott was kept was because of his recruiting. He is from central FL and knows everyone. Also, it's hard to say our offensive line was that horrible. They weren't great, but they are were very young last year and showed great improvement. Coach Scott may not have the resume like some of the other coaches, but he is one of the best assistants USF had.

u guys gotta think how often did other teams blitz compared to how often a RB or TE was left back to help with blocking...so 5 guys trying to block 5 or more coming from all directions..not easy...but when given help or allowed to really line up and get some power behind them they blocked the hell out of people...these guys can run block when they are allowed to

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,659
  • Days Won:  29

Former Assistants getting 4 months severance ... see Greg's blog

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

I am so happy with our coaching staff that they are going to surgically remove the smile from my face. What a difference in philosophy.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

• Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

I think snyder will be the biggest factor.  You will see our defense swarm to the ball, hopefully more blitz packages too

• Content Count:  640

I get the feeling more emphasis will be put on off-field performance in the classroom and community. Both Holtz and Hargreaves mentioned "development of players into men," and Hargreaves mentioned explicitly that they're looking for "guys who want to graduate."

So hopefully the team's graduation rate will increase from the abysmal lows under CJL.

• Content Count:  3,827

I get the feeling more emphasis will be put on off-field performance in the classroom and community. Both Holtz and Hargreaves mentioned "development of players into men," and Hargreaves mentioned explicitly that they're looking for "guys who want to graduate."

So hopefully the team's graduation rate will increase from the abysmal lows under CJL.

Leavitt said the same things. We're all happy Holtz is here, but let's not tarnish what Leavitt did around here with things that simply aren't true.

As for graduation rate, there was a 2-3 year period (2003-ish?) when we accepted a large chunk of questionable guys, and it hurt the numbers considerably. I believe, don't hold me to this, those guys "came off the numbers" last year.

• Content Count:  1,633

I think snyder will be the biggest factor.  You will see our defense swarm to the ball, hopefully more blitz packages too

Ding!

• Content Count:  4,501

Leavitt said the same things. We're all happy Holtz is here, but let's not tarnish what Leavitt did around here with things that simply aren't true.

As for graduation rate, there was a 2-3 year period (2003-ish?) when we accepted a large chunk of questionable guys, and it hurt the numbers considerably. I believe, don't hold me to this, those guys "came off the numbers" last year.

You are right Shoop - our score is going way up but when we jumped from independent to C=USA to BE in a 3 year span we lost alot of players.  No ones fault there just more a function of the competition level.

• Content Count:  4,501

Have to strongly disagree with you there.  JL was strong on "going to class"  Just ask Mike Ford and a few others

:thumbnew

• Content Count:  4,738

we had a huge drop in talent on our coaching staff from 2007 to 2009.  Glad to see Holtz pull guys from all over the nation to assemble what should be a strong staff

Archived