• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike Ford will carry us next year

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,619
  • Days Won:  29

Last 2 posts are spot on.

Leavitt carried Ford.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,601
  • Days Won:  424

if mike can stay out of trouble he will be good...if not then he will not play. Skip is a much more disipline kinda guy and will punish more for the crime committed.

Ford never would have even played in toronto after his little trouble episode before bowl game if skip was coach.

Riding a moped without a license gets a game suspension?? .... Let's hope Skip uses some common sense in situations like that.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

Most would agree that it is probably up to Mike.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

We have a very talented Running Back that for some reason the previous coaching staff refused to give the ball to.

::) ..... Right, Mike was the perfect, always healthy student athlete who, for some inexplicable reason, didn't touch the ball enough.    :D

always healthy?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,601
  • Days Won:  424

We have a very talented Running Back that for some reason the previous coaching staff refused to give the ball to.

::) ..... Right, Mike was the perfect, always healthy student athlete who, for some inexplicable reason, didn't touch the ball enough.    :D

always healthy?

perfect student athlete?

I don't get your point ...

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

If we are relying on Mike Ford to carry us we are in more trouble than I thought.  

• Content Count:  16,365
  • Days Won:  43

I dont think Mike Ford is going to make or break USF's season. I just think this is a make or break season for Mike Ford. He has NFL potential, but it is really up to him if he has a great year to get drafted. Mike Ford owes it to himself and family to prove that he can play at the next level during his senior year. This is his last chance in my opinion. He needs it for himsef to perform. USF will have plenty of RBs that can run next season, but it will be up to Mike Ford to win that job.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Coming out of the spring, my insider stated Ford was the second best back on the team. Jamar Taylor had better lateral movement, speed, etc and was to be the #1 back. Mike then got his two game drug suspension, pushing him down on the depth chart. Jamar got hurt, and next thing ya know, we are rotating backs. Mike Ford is just not going to be handed the position. I have a feeling Skip will be watching a lot of tape on our guys to develop some expectations on what he has coming back. Once that has taken place, I also have a feeling that he's going to grill certain coaches on player tendencies. I think with Jim so in place for so many years, he probably missed some obvious issues (even some posters on here have good insight from time to time about the misuse of players). He'll also be able to see where coaches dropped the ball... Why didn't we run this against Rutgers when they blitzed their corner from the edge three plays in a row. There's going to be a lot of positive development in the next six to nine months. Hopefully the players are fully on board. If not, show them the road. I don't care if its BJ Daniels. Our players can't afford to be divided any more.

Archived