• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If successful, Do you guys think Skip will "Lane Kiffin" us for a bigger school?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

USF and other BE teams need to play against some of the other top conference schools and beat them. The SoS within the Big East by computer equations won't be good enough to surpass the same top teams that seemingly play for the top BCS bowls year after year.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy is young and if he is successful over the next few seasons he will want a chance to win a NC which is something that can't be accomplished coaching at USF.

purely hypothetical, but IF we were to go 12-0 next year (again, hypothetical), we'd have wins AT florida, AT miami, and AT Cincy, along with EIGHT OTHER WINS. i think that's worthy of a NC shot.

OK that helps the cause

The guy is young and if he is successful over the next few seasons he will want a chance to win a NC which is something that can't be accomplished coaching at USF.

That's the 2nd time you've posted that.  What makes you think that?  We were #2 at one point.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense. WVU would have competed for the NC a few years ago if they beat Pitt. Even Cincy had a chance if Texas had lost.

But, the proof is that MIAMI WAS in the Big East and had no problem competing for and winning national titles.

We will have some good OOC BCS games each year and that could be sufficient if we go undefeated, especially if there were no other undefeated teams that year.

The perception of the BE has changed since the Flagship has left

Well, we could be the next Flagship in the Big East.

Frankly, I think the perception of the ACC has changed worse than the Big East.

Yeah that's because FSU has weaken. I usually just talk about the BIG 4 which is SEC, Big 12, PAC 10, and BIG 10. All those conferences have flagship schools that carry major weight in CFB.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

USF and other BE teams need to play against some of the other top conference schools and beat them. The SoS within the Big East by computer equations won't be good enough to surpass the same top teams that seemingly play for the top BCS bowls year after year.

The Big East is at one disadvantage in that they only play 12 games while some power conferences play 13.

Having said that, it's usually not the BCS computers but the humans which make it tough to get to a NC game because those conferences have more voters.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I doubt it.  I think he'll stay for a while if he has success.  Watching his interview, it really sounded like he loved the area and was close to staying. 

• Content Count:  140
  • Days Won:  0

He went to Notre Dame (after 2 years aat Holy Cross CC - following the Rudy route).  His dad coached at ND.  If ND opens up again and he is successful here, I could see it.

+1

Same thing my uncle said, who is one of the head accounting professors at ECU. Notre Dame is Skip Holtz dream job. But on another note I don't seem him leaving.

How many seconds were we from Cincinnati playing for the NC, what was that, one second? And that's Cincinnati.

You did see what the best team in the BE Cincinnati had happen to them in a BCS bowl?

You see how the Bearcats went into that game with both of their arms chopped off? Kelly was gone, their interim coach had one foot out the door, the game plan was probably a complete mess, the players were all pissed, the other team had more talent and motivation with the whole Urban Meyer thing... there was no way Cincy was winning that game.

Well Florida came into that game very disappointed by losing to Bama and missing a chance to play for another NC in Tebow's final season. Take time to think about the history of schools playing in bowls that they didn't want to after a late season disappointment. In the past those teams struggle and had flat performances against teams they would normally beat.

• Content Count:  498
  • Days Won:  0

ND wont open for at least a few years so other than that I dont see him running away.  There are only a couple schools he would go to and I feel grateful we were one of them!  He has turned down previous offers so I think there are things more important to him than money as made clear by his radio address.  

Archived