• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joel Miller not making decisions in his best interest

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  640
  • Days Won:  0

Despite treating this whole thing like a child, Joel Miller needs support.

He is was wronged by a man who he placed his trust in. The guy has been through a roller-coaster. If he can walk away from this having learning something, he needs support from the whole Bulls community.

College kids never make the best decision 100% of the time. It was stupid and childish, but he deserves another chance if he can a) apologize to the Bulls community and his teammates, and B) turn this into a learning experience.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Slick-

Erskin's locker was cleaned out, not Millers...and Erskin is done, quit the team, played his 4 years, blew out another knee, done, no matter how you slice it. He doesn't need a locker.

• Content Count:  579

I originally said that Joel did nothing wrong.

Well ... he acted like a child, not a man.

And Leavitt acted like a bully, not a coach.

According to Joel, yes.

Joel has a lot of growing up to do, hope he learns from this and becomes a man.

And several witnesses, who never recanted.

I think you are missing my point.

Joel turned this into a circus. He didn't act like a man in this situation. He let others dictate what he should do. I am not saying anything mean against him or would shun him. FACT is that he didn't take the BULL by the horns.

He let Leavitt and others pull him from side to side.

And now it looks like(by hiring a lawyer) that he is being directed by his father to chase a money trail.

OK, I was. But for being that young and center stage of this mess, he could be doing much worse. Leavitt was in a fiduciary role and had known him for years and was leading around. I mean come on, cut the kid some slack.

No matter how much you want to paint it, this is not child abuse.  He is not a kid.  This is the same as being slapped anywhere else in life by an adult.  Everything he has done up until Cohen and this made sense from a victim stand point.  Now the man wants some money since college walk ons don't do really well in the NFL.

• Content Count:  2,511

You people really need to stop piling on Joel Miller.

If Leavitt did coerce him into changing his story, then Leavitt is truly channeling Richard Nixon.

Now the weasels and moles who first leaked this to McJackAss deserve all the scorn.

Joel is a victim in this case who tried to protect his coach and mentor.  He was caught in a lie trying to protect Leavitt.  Now that the truth is out he has to protect himself.

• Content Count:  2,511

I originally said that Joel did nothing wrong.

Well ... he acted like a child, not a man.

How is covering up for a coach and mentor "childish"?  People do it all the time in professional businesses, government, the military, and even college & professional sports.

Joel was in a subservient role to Leavitt.  Shame on Leavitt for taking advantage of this kid.  He knew that Miller admired Leavitt like a father figure, and Leavitt used that to cover his own backside.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

He is was wronged by a man who he placed his trust in.

You're right .... his dad. He never should have let Joel start with the lies to begin with, and even went along and lied too .... Is there a precedent for a son suing a parent?

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Hate him*

Hmmm, I know a certain obsessed UCF poster who's fond of using*

By the tone of your posts, I wouldn't doubt its you SAD

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

In regards to Joel, 

It was his choice to speak with McMurphy in the first place.  Ive seen him admit no where that he tried to speak with Wollard or anyone else to get this resolved.  He chose the path of the media, and now he has to deal with the consequences of that choice.  Sucks, but had he attempted to handle this completely inhouse, then he wouldn't be part of having to deal with this circus.  And his continued discussion with the Turdbag only amplifies this. 

• Content Count:  4,738

Cohen wants his face in front of a camera

Bowel Movement wants words for his website.

Neither care about you Joel

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Probably mostly correct, but I am growing weary of all this mess. It has seemed to cause more division among all of us fans, alumni and students of USF. I can't wait for next fall and get back to the business at hand.

Hear Hear !  Now if only Joel would shut his pie hole and the Jim would shut down his lawyers.  Unfortunately, we have no control over Bowel Movement and DUImig, however, they can't puke up what they haven't been fed.

Archived