• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holtz's Contract ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

I hope there is a clause that will get him fired if he interviews with other schools before his contract is up like Jeff Jagodzinski @ Boston College. I don't want to go through that every year if we win the Big East.

I don't think he is going anywhere unless florida or nd come calling. 

I agree, he would only leave for another Florida school or ND, but I don't want him using other schools as leverage to get a bump in his salary. Interview once, and you are gone.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

4 year term - $7.2M minimum (salary + other income) and a $1M starting buyout decreasing by $250K each year

Is this confirmed, or theory?

Source?

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

4 year term - $7.2M minimum (salary + other income) and a $1M starting buyout decreasing by $250K each year

Is this confirmed, or theory?

Source?

Just a guess.  I figured everyone else was, I might as well throw mine estimate in the mix.  Is there any money in the pool?

• Content Count:  13

I hope there is a clause that will get him fired if he interviews with other schools before his contract is up like Jeff Jagodzinski @ Boston College. I don't want to go through that every year if we win the Big East.

I agree, he would only leave for another Florida school or ND, but I don't want him using other schools as leverage to get a bump in his salary. Interview once, and you are gone.

Y'all clearly don't know Skip yet.  He isn't like any coach I've heard of - Skip never leveraged interests/interviews with ECU for more money, etc.  (I've heard Terry Holland and Skip comment on this publicly) - he is a complete class-act.

He won't ditch USF for anything that isn't a dream job, and for him that list is pretty short.  Enjoy him!

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

Y'all clearly don't know Skip yet.  He isn't like any coach I've heard of - Skip never leveraged interests/interviews with ECU for more money, etc.  (I've heard Terry Holland and Skip comment on this publicly) - he is a complete class-act.

He won't ditch USF for anything that isn't a dream job, and for him that list is pretty short.  Enjoy him!

You seem to be a class-act yourself. Thanks!

• Content Count:  879

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

Per Greg's Blog:

Holtz's USF contract: 5 years, $9.1-million

The contract that East Carolina coach Skip Holtz signed Thursday with USF will pay him $9.1-million over the next five years, with a bigger pool for his assistants and a $1-million buyout clause for the next two years.

Holtz will earn $1.7-million for each of the next two seasons, and his salary will then go up by $100,000 for each of the next three years. The money he is allotted to pay for nine assistant coaches will be $1.55-million, up $100,000 from what it would have been under Jim Leavitt's contract.

And USF has protected itself should another program try to get Holtz -- his buyout to leave the Bulls is $1.0-million until Dec. 8, 2011, then $500,000 for the next year and $300,000 in 2013.

Over the next five years, Holtz will make $400,000 less than USF would have paid Leavitt, but that money has been essentially reinvested in the pool for his assistants.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Per Greg's Blog:

The contract that East Carolina coach Skip Holtz signed Thursday with USF will pay him $9.1-million over the next five years, with a bigger pool for his assistants and a $1-million buyout clause for the next two years.

Holtz will earn $1.7-million for each of the next two seasons, and his salary will then go up by $100,000 for each of the next three years. The money he is allotted to pay for nine assistant coaches will be $1.55-million, up $100,000 from what it would have been under Jim Leavitt's contract.

And USF has protected itself should another program try to get Holtz -- his buyout to leave the Bulls is $1.0-million until Dec. 8, 2011, then $500,000 for the next year and $300,000 in 2013.

Over the next five years, Holtz will make $400,000 less than USF would have paid Leavitt, but that money has been essentially reinvested in the pool for his assistants.

I like it. spread the wealth. $400k more for his assistants here than he had to spend at ECU($1.12M)

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Per Greg's Blog:

I wonder what the bonuses are for winning the BE and NC?

Archived