• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holtz Accepts USF Job; RJS to Undergo Rennovation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

TAMPA - After protracted negotiations that University of South Florida officials described as "strenuous," Skip Holtz has agreed to be the Bulls next football coach. Although the athletics department of East Carolina University offered up additional incentives, Holtz stated that the benefits of moving to a big-time program proved too much to resist.

Specifically, the 45-year old coach cited USF's willingness to allow him to use the 103-foot pirate ship at Raymond James Stadium as a clubhouse during down times. "It's great, such a step-up," Holtz said "ECU wouldn't even let me fire their cannon at game time. They said it was because of tradition or something stupid like that, I don't know. Here I'll have full range of a whole pirate ship! That's so much cooler than a crappy little cannon!" USF President Judy Genshaft was reportedly "satisifed" with the terms of Holtz's contract and has even agreed to call him 'Skipper' whenever he boards the ship.

The toughest hurdle in the negotiation was convincing Tampa Bay Buccanneers owner Malcolm Glazer to hand the keys over to the stadium's iconic landmark. In the end, he agreed that Holtz did need more room for his Star Wars figures and the coach's office would probably not accomodate a ball pit. Glazer does, however reserve the right to remove Holtz from the property if he jumps on the furniture.

Atheltics Director Doug Woolard was purportedly overjoyed at the arrangement. "We couldn't get through to Skip at first, but you should have seen his eyes light up when I offered him the ship. It's going to be so much fun to have the little guy around." Woolard was recently spotted at a Tampa IKEA store, pricing bunk beds for the Coach's new digs. A representative from Spencer's could not be reached to confirm whether a blacklight would be installed.

Although Holtz has not yet set foot on the Tampa campus as head coach, it is clear that he is already being given more responsibility than his predecessor. A 2008 addendum to former coach Jim Leavitt's contract specifies that he was not to play in the pirate ship without an adult present.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

So he's still a Pirate at heart...

Darn.

• Content Count:  178
  • Days Won:  0

some people have way to much time on thier hands. 

I blame the economy!

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

:ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

TAMPA - After protracted negotiations that University of South Florida officials described as "strenuous," Skip Holtz has agreed to be the Bulls next football coach. Although the athletics department of East Carolina University offered up additional incentives, Holtz stated that the benefits of moving to a big-time program proved too much to resist.

Specifically, the 45-year old coach cited USF's willingness to allow him to use the 103-foot pirate ship at Raymond James Stadium as a clubhouse during down times. "It's great, such a step-up," Holtz said "ECU wouldn't even let me fire their cannon at game time. They said it was because of tradition or something stupid like that, I don't know. Here I'll have full range of a whole pirate ship! That's so much cooler than a crappy little cannon!" USF President Judy Genshaft was reportedly "satisifed" with the terms of Holtz's contract and has even agreed to call him 'Skipper' whenever he boards the ship.

The toughest hurdle in the negotiation was convincing Tampa Bay Buccanneers owner Malcolm Glazer to hand the keys over to the stadium's iconic landmark. In the end, he agreed that Holtz did need more room for his Star Wars figures and the coach's office would probably not accomodate a ball pit. Glazer does, however reserve the right to remove Holtz from the property if he jumps on the furniture.

Atheltics Director Doug Woolard was purportedly overjoyed at the arrangement. "We couldn't get through to Skip at first, but you should have seen his eyes light up when I offered him the ship. It's going to be so much fun to have the little guy around." Woolard was recently spotted at a Tampa IKEA store, pricing bunk beds for the Coach's new digs. A representative from Spencer's could not be reached to confirm whether a blacklight would be installed.

Although Holtz has not yet set foot on the Tampa campus as head coach, it is clear that he is already being given more responsibility than his predecessor. A 2008 addendum to former coach Jim Leavitt's contract specifies that he was not to play in the pirate ship without an adult present.

Link?

Guest nybullsfan

Link?

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=68570.msg769516.0

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

Link?

Thanks.

Guest nybullsfan

Link?

Thanks.

You're very welcome  ;D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

Are we sure that this guy and BM aren't one and the same?  Of course Upperhand may have more credible sources.  What's the Bucs mascot's name?

Archived