• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting Tweet...Skip Holtz Announced Tomorrow per booster?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

No more tweets from Skip Holtz since his "purple" comment some 10 hours ago.

http://twitter.com/Coachholtz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

If Holtz solidifies Carnes and gets Sanders on board then I am even more in love with the signing then I was before!

Speculation rampant on USF job

By SCOTT CARTER | The Tampa Tribune

Published: January 14, 2010

TAMPA Nearly a week after firing Jim Leavitt, the University of South Florida's search for the second head football coach in school history remains a source of great speculation.

East Carolina's Skip Holtz is considered the leading candidate, but Holtz returned home to Greenville, N.C., Tuesday night after talking with USF officials about the opening during his visit to the American Football Coaches Association convention in Orlando. Holtz was in his office Wednesday going about his normal routine amid speculation he was the front-runner.

In a text message Wednesday evening, Holtz said there was nothing new to report on his talks with USF. Rumors circulated at Wednesday night's USF-West Virginia basketball game that an announcement is expected shortly, and the new coach is expected to be in attendance at USF's basketball game Saturday against Rutgers.

Holtz said Tuesday at the AFCA convention that "there are a lot of positives" to the USF job and that there was mutual interest.

Former USF assistant coach Calvin Magee, now offensive coordinator at Michigan, remains a candidate high on USF's list. Magee, who interviewed Monday, has not spoken publicly about the opening but has a lot of support from the local community.

Former Bucs quarterback Doug Williams, currently Tampa Bay's pro personnel director, interviewed Tuesday in Orlando. Williams declined to comment on his interview Wednesday. He is a former teammate of Lee Roy Selmon, one of USF's three-member search committee along with USF athletic director Doug Woolard and executive associate athletic director Bill McGillis.

Rivals.com reported that Tommy Bowden had preliminary talks with USF officials Wednesday, but it remains unclear how interested Bowden is in returning to coaching.

Bucs special teams coach Rich Bisaccia has shown interest in the job and several former Bucs have called USF officials on his behalf, but he had not been formally contacted by the school.

Middle Tennessee State coach Rick Stockstill is another candidate USF officials have discussed in meetings. However, Stockstill has not interviewed and told the Tennessean he had not been officially contacted by USF.

CaneSport.com reported late Wednesday that Miami offensive coordinator Mark Whipple has surfaced as a candidate for the job.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jan/14/speculation-rampant-usf-job/

If Holtz solidifies Carnes and gets Sanders on board then I am even more in love with the signing then I was before!

Me too.

There are supposedly 10 recruits visiting this weekend. If we hire him, I presume Holtz will be here to woo all of them.

• Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

Josh is a good friend of mine.... he went to Hillsborough High and went to UMiami before transferring back home to attend USF.  He worked as an EMT and would often work the Friday night high school games around the county so I know he has gotten the chance to talk to many players who were being recruited.  I've tried getting a hold of him to find out what else he knows or how he knows it but still no reply from him.  I hope he is right, there is too much spaghetti being thrown at the wall and not much is sticking.

• Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

i am not on twitter but if skip is driving from orlando to tampa it is to be the new coach at usf.

maybe he's coming over to take the family to busch gardens... :D

• Content Count:  162

Skip Holtz is apparently in Orlando visiting his family and will be traveling to USF tomorrow for some kind of "event".  Not lying...either he's closing the deal with Woolard, or giving a press conference as the new coach.

haha...credible???  I dont know...but its NEWS BABY!!!

I truly believe we'll know by tomorrow, though...

http://twitter.com/sasserwazr

GO BULLS!!!

Haha I know that twitterer from H.S.  Hes always been a bit of a joker.  I'll see if I can get the scoop from him

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

This line is the tell

"Word out of Manatee is Holtz's Florida recruiting ties should help USF solidify the committs of Brion Carnes and Ace Sanders"

• Content Count:  684

Skip Holtz is apparently in Orlando visiting his family and will be traveling to USF tomorrow for some kind of "event".  Not lying...either he's closing the deal with Woolard, or giving a press conference as the new coach.

haha...credible???  I dont know...but its NEWS BABY!!!

I truly believe we'll know by tomorrow, though...

http://twitter.com/sasserwazr

GO BULLS!!!

Haha I know that twitterer from H.S.  Hes always been a bit of a joker.  I'll see if I can get the scoop from him

Yea, Josh has always been a big joker but not sure he'd be joking about this

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Question:

When do USF's seasons always go down the drain?

Answer:

During conference play mid year.

Question:

What has Skip Holtz done the last 2 years at ECU?

Answer:

Win consecutive conference championships with a 7-1 conference play record in 2009

This man is exactly what we need. He analyses his conference opponents to the dot.

I agree, the first season may be a bit bumpy (no more then usual) and then the next will get better and so on and so fourth.

Archived