• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

University officials at an impasse with Holtz - next up, Dan McCarney...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

You have to realize that if some assistant coaches are fired, you can say good-bye the kids they are recruiting. Not all the recruits have a relationship with CJL. Most of them develop their relationships with the assistant coaches who most likely will be their position coaches. Then in two years the same people will be complaining about the "new staff" when they are posting 2-5 BE records because we lost all the recruits during the turnover.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  879

I'm calling BS on this one.

• Content Count:  879

You have to realize that if some assistant coaches are fired, you can say good-bye the kids they are recruiting. Not all the recruits have a relationship with CJL. Most of them develop their relationships with the assistant coaches who most likely with be their position coaches. Then in two years the same people complaining about the "new staff" when they are posting 2-5 BE records because we lost all the recruits during the turnover.

^ This

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

You have to realize that if some assistant coaches are fired, you can say good-bye the kids they are recruiting. Not all the recruits have a relationship with CJL. Most of them develop their relationships with the assistant coaches who most likely with be their position coaches. Then in two years the same people complaining about the "new staff" when they are posting 2-5 BE records because we lost all the recruits during the turnover.

you should not base you coaching hire or his staff on what the recruits want. that would be a travesty.

Guest nybullsfan

I agree, when you made the decision to fire CJL you had to know that the next guy would want to bring in his guys.  If you believe that Skip is the best choice then you have to let him make the decisions about the staff.

No offense meant, I'm just curious, but why do you keep saying "you, you, you"? As a season ticket holder, shouldn't you be saying "we, we, we"?

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

and the assistants now on staff will be in which BCS school or confernce?

• Content Count:  239

What "stud" recruits would USF be so concerned about losing that they wouldn't let their favorite coach come in and take over the program?

Carnes? Yeah, he'd be great, and I hope he still comes here... but I remember that I heard back in the day he might not even qualify.

You get your new coach. You let him run his program how he wants. If he doesn't perform in three years you fire him.

• Content Count:  578

I've never heard of a coach getting hired and being told what staff to keep, especially if he has guys he's worked with in mind.

• Content Count:  1,757

Two of his best football players were arrested over the weekend as well.

• Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Don't want to head coach to clean house???  Micro-manage the football program and set up the new coach to fail.  Way to go DWand JG.

Think of the hemorrhage of incoming recruits and current players with a complete staff turnover. We are just now getting depth in position, blow it over not keeping a few key staff members that these kids have ties to would not be best for the team or the students.

Archived