• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

University officials at an impasse with Holtz - next up, Dan McCarney...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, I didn't know all of a sudden we all wanted Skip so bad. Or is it more the thought of putting this restriction on any coach that has everyone on edge?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

What "stud" recruits would USF be so concerned about losing that they wouldn't let their favorite coach come in and take over the program?

Carnes? Yeah, he'd be great, and I hope he still comes here... but I remember that I heard back in the day he might not even qualify.

You get your new coach. You let him run his program how he wants. If he doesn't perform in three years you fire him.

Some of these kids are loyal to the assistants that heavily recruited them. So players like BJ Daniels might be in the mix of players lost too.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

What "stud" recruits would USF be so concerned about losing that they wouldn't let their favorite coach come in and take over the program?

Carnes? Yeah, he'd be great, and I hope he still comes here... but I remember that I heard back in the day he might not even qualify.

You get your new coach. You let him run his program how he wants. If he doesn't perform in three years you fire him.

Some of these kids are loyal to the assistants that heavily recruited them. So players like BJ Daniels might be in the mix of players lost too.

you think a starting qb at a bcs school will leave and sit out a year to try and get a starting job elsewhere?

How many players did Alabama and Tennessee lose when Kiffin and Shula came in with completely new staff? We got Mike Ford because he wanted Shula as his coach. We will be the new Syracuse, at least in the sort term, if we lose 15-20 players.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Don't want to head coach to clean house???  Micro-manage the football program and set up the new coach to fail.  Way to go DWand JG.

Think of the hemorrhage of incoming recruits and current players with a complete staff turnover. We are just now getting depth in position, blow it over not keeping a few key staff members that these kids have ties to would not be best for the team or the students.

+1

These are very trying times for the USF players. There needs to be at least some continuity of staff for them alone.

• Content Count:  1,297

Calling BS on this.  NO WAY do you expect to hire a decent HC and tell them they need to retain the old coaching staff.  B freakin S.

• Content Count:  239

the thought of the restriction...

Before Leavitt was canned everyone was all "oh its football slap the crap out the kids, they grown.'

but then

these poor guys needs their friend coaches around or they just cant handle it

they're adults. if they want to play for a BCS team and use all of their eligibility they will stick it out. This recruiting class is going to be hit by the change, but that is happening no matter what. There is no Pete Carroll coming in to save the day (buy some cars). IF this is holding up a new coach then USF needs to rethink.

There is going to be some turmoil, but if you think you have the right guy you commit and trust that in two or three years things are better.

you think a starting qb at a bcs school will leave and sit out a year to try and get a starting job elsewhere?

You think BJ couldn't start at QB at one of the other 118 1A schools? ROFLOL. Especially after the nation saw the FSUgame?

• Content Count:  1,027

Wow, I didn't know all of a sudden we all wanted Skip so bad. Or is it more the thought of putting this restriction on any coach that has everyone on edge?

Administrators telling a coach how he will build his staff, if in fact that's what's happening, is concerning regardless of the coach.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

You think BJ couldn't start at QB at one of the other 118 1A schools? ROFLOL. Especially after the nation saw the FSUgame?

I didn't say that. I said he won't transfer and sit out a year just to fight for a starting job somewhere else.

Archived