• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

University officials at an impasse with Holtz - next up, Dan McCarney...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

the AD shouldnt have any say on staff

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

If this is the case...I want Doug's head on a platter.

And my foot up his @$$

• Content Count:  1,981

The more I think about it the more this seems like a false rumor. They will have the same problem with any coach.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

The more I think about it the more this seems like a false rumor. They will have the same problem with any coach.

there's nobody left in gainsville for mccarney to bring with him. he was just here in 2007 so he is familiar with our current staff. this would be a nightmare,IMO.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I agree, when you made the decision to fire CJL you had to know that the next guy would want to bring in his guys.  If you believe that Skip is the best choice then you have to let him make the decisions about the staff.

• Content Count:  239

what staff would they want to keep?

if true, this is horrible

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Where does all this come from? First all the assistanys were fired, then they were NOT fired, then some WERE FIRED, now Woolard wants to pick the assistants?

They may be at an impasse, but that ain't it. BUT, it could be the assistants salary pool...

• Content Count:  158

How credible is this?

and honestly - if this is true, then ANY coach is goign to have a problem b/c it seems the university does want to micro-manage (as someone said earlier) and no Good HC will want to the Univ. to have as much control as USF seemingly is trying to have...

• Content Count:  1,981

I'm still not buying this. You don't hire a consultant to then turn around and hire a different coach just because you wanted to keep some of the staff.  This myth is busted.

• Content Count:  98

How credible is this?

and honestly - if this is true, then ANY coach is goign to have a problem b/c it seems the university does want to micro-manage (as someone said earlier) and no Good HC will want to the Univ. to have as much control as USF seemingly is trying to have...

This is a good point. I'd bet that most prominent coaches would have an issue with the admissions committee as well. At most schools, the kid just has to qualify. Here we add an extra handcuff by making them jump through more hoops. Part might be because of the terrible APR from the past and was a way of micro-managing Leavitt, but I can't imagine a new guy would want to be unfairly hampered in recruiting by the indiscretions of the past staff.

Archived