• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UC FAN HERE: Thoughts on Jim

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

Not sure why USF would keep him around. Not trying to flame, but you guys have a very attractive job and are on the cusp of big things. Why continue to spin your tires with this guy? How far can getting you ranked #2 in the rankings like 5 years ago take you?

I think you guys should drop the dead weight and move on. USF could be big big time but not unless they move forward.

Just my .02

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Not sure why USF would keep him around. Not trying to flame, but you guys have a very attractive job and are on the cusp of big things. Why continue to spin your tires with this guy? How far can getting you ranked #2 in the rankings like 5 years ago take you?

I think you guys should drop the dead weight and move on. USF could be big big time but not unless they move forward.

Just my .02

I agree, we are in a great location no reason we cant be the new Miami of the Big East,.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Thanks for the input, you're pretty right. But I would hate to see leavitt go like this.  And I believe USF is trying everything they can so he doesn't.

Your right. Location means so much and USF is in PRIME territory. I would kill for UC to have that type of recruiting advantage.

Jim built the program as far as he could but I think a lot of very qualified coaches would love to go there.

I admit I have never thought Jim was a great coach. Time to move forward. You guys are a giant awaiting to be set free. If USF doesnt make a move sooner or later their opportunity will pass the by. They are getting a bad reputation for choking.

I see 4 or 5 teams being able to be really good.

UC

USF

WVU

Pitt

No reason these 4 cant be big timers.

I will throw in Rutgers too.

• Content Count:  292

I think a lot of people agree that we have a lot to offer and it probably is the right thing to move on...but CJL has done so much for the program and the University and it would be shame for it to end this way.  If it does happen and the allegations are true I just wish he would have come out and owned up to it and resigned.  He would have saved soo much more face by doing that.  

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Just my .02

I agree, we are in a great location no reason we cant be the new Miami of the Big East,.

We have no $$ to pay assistants and our facilities are average at best.

We'd have to be lucky to find a good coach.  If some thing kind of iffy happened Leavitt will probably get some minor in-house punishment and move on.

The administration really likes Leavitt.  He's not going anywhere unless there's a smoking gun in Leavitt's hand and he's standing over the body.  I'm hard pressed to believe that Joel Miller will say anything bad happened to the investigators, which would be the only weight to the story.

If Miller is happy with the situation, I don't think even witness accounts will get Leavitt fired.  Just punished.

That's all saying Leavitt didn't actually choke hold miller and punch him in the face.  I think that if it were that bad players wouldn't be so nonchalant about it and not mention it.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Just my .02

You would think that UC, Pitt, and Rutgers fan would love for Jim to stick around. It's like an automatic win for you guys

• Content Count:  2,511

Just my .02

We keep him the same reason UC could not keep Brian Kelly.

Money, money, money

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nujQHu_j3Sw

• Content Count:  1,400

Just my .02

You would think that UC, Pitt, and Rutgers fan would love for Jim to stick around. It's like an automatic win for you guys

well for all except for UC now that Kelly is gone we can go back to beating them

Archived