• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Raheem's Job Security

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Heard an interesting theory on Atlanta radio today prior to the game about this ... they were saying Raheem will be retained for 2010 as owners are going to be less likely to spend a lot of money on a coach like Cowher due to a possible lockout in 2011.  If they fired Morris and hired Cowher, they would be on the hook for Cowher, Morris and (I think still) Gruden with no games taking place. 

I say it's anyone's guess.  I think Morris and the coaching staff will probably be retained for continuity with Josh Freeman, but if the Bucs have a repeat season like this, or <5 wins, he'll be gone.  I'm interested to hear Tampa Bay residents thoughts on this ...

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

not a Bucs fan but I would keep him another year.  Bucs got a lot better as the year went on and especially after he took over the play calling on defense. 

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

having 4 picks in the first 3 rounds...and what looks to be the #3 pick since Kansas City won today (we're behind STL and Detroit still), we should garner in some rookies who would be able to make immediate impacts. And hopefully use some money under the cap to get a key player or two in free agency.

Freeman is getting better, and the defense is coming together. Get the staff organized, and I think Morris can have a decent year next year. It would be unfair to fire him after one year, esp given the team he had to work with.

having 4 picks in the first 3 rounds...and what looks to be the #3 pick since Kansas City won today (we're behind STL and Detroit still), we should garner in some rookies who would be able to make immediate impacts. And hopefully use some money under the cap to get a key player or two in free agency.

Freeman is getting better, and the defense is coming together. Get the staff organized, and I think Morris can have a decent year next year. It would be unfair to fire him after one year, esp given the team he had to work with.

A point I made in another thread was that the team Raheem fielded this year was much of his own doing - he was given a 9-7 team from 2008 (which had started 9-3 before the free fall) and disposed of quite a few veterans.  I disagreed with this, and although no one picked him up, I think Brooks should have at least gotten another year, then given some kind of retirement deal where he could have left gracefully if it didn't work out in 2009.  I think veteran leadership, along with a midseason return to the Tampa 2 would have given us a couple more wins on the board.  This, along with his poor coordinator decisions, should give him a very short leash in 2010, but I agree that he should come back next year.  Good point about the draft picks this year.  Drafting Freeman and Stroughter turned out to be great decisions. 

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I love the guy, but Brooks still being out of a job should tell you something.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Freeman a great decision? I think the jury is still out on that, he was night and day from week to week.

As for Raheem...why fire him now? I think most objectiver people Thought that four wins with this team would be working miracles...he won three but on top of that he beat 2 playoff teams.

You think Cowher is making these guys that much better? You think the Glazers will spend (we'll see)

I love the guy, but Brooks still being out of a job should tell you something.

I was waiting for someone to say that ... it's crossed my mind too, but I think in a limited role he could have made a difference - especially in the locker room.  He was at least owed a little better than he got. 

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I think they'll give Raheem one more year, even thou the bucs are a LONG WAY from being a playoff team. Draft Wisely raheem

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

He's still HC because he will make $900K in 2010 ...

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Morris would have made a good pro D coordinator. He wasn't ready yet to be a head coach. I hope he learned some things for the 2010 season.

Archived