• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stan Heath's philosophy:It won't work

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

It will interesting to see how Heath approaches the game tonight because ND can really score. We're at home and normally teams  play at a faster pace on their home floor.

I hear what you are saying but it is impossible to play an up tempo, fast paced game when you only have 2 subs on the bench.

Actually 3 subs but I still agree with where you're coming from ...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

Burwell, Noriega, Kardok

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Deja Bull anyone?

I wasn't going there, but he started it.. LOL

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I'm not calling for 40 of Hell but we don't have the firepower to always come down and and play halfcourt offense against a set defense. Contrary to popular belief, it takes more talent or certain specific players to play halfcourt ball then to play uptempo. Just watch the games people and you can see we get our best looks and scoring chances when we push the ball looking to be aggressive.

Unless Heath dramatically improves the recruiting here he will never be able to go toe 2 toe with most of these Big East schools and hope to win many. Gus Gilchrist is our best player and he is excellent playing either way, however pretty much everyone else struggles against set defenses.

We have 6 guards on the team and about to add two more so the only way to excuse not speeding up and playing aggressively on D is because the coach is to afraid to do so. Until we start doing so or filling the roster with Gus Gilchrist like talent this team under Stan will NEVER WIN in the league. These are not fire the coach statements, just the truth.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

We do not have a very good football team. Average at best.

OK I realize this is going to hijack this thread but I have to respond, I'm very sorry.

First I said program not team, but in either case you are wrong. Remember there are 119 div1 programs out there.

Find me 60 teams with a better record over the past 5 years, find me 60 teams that have gone to a bowl each of the last five years, better yet, find me 60 teams that have gone to a bowl once in the past five years. Find me 60 teams that have made in the top 2 at any point in the past five years.

ESPN said the following before the 2007 season

The upstart Bulls don't have as long a track record, but their win percentage in this time frame is 62 percent, good enough to rank them at No. 29 in winning percentage. This is one of those surging programs in terms of national respect, and it has been that way since South Florida lit up No. 9 Louisville 45-14 two years ago.

Since then the Bulls have gone 25-14 which is a 64% winning pecentage which is HIGHER than the 62% in the article thaT put them in the top 30.

So if by average you mean the Bulls are in the top 30-40 teams in DIV1 then yes, i guess, they would be average but in my book that puts them at the very good level.

Sorry for hijacking your thread.

heath won't win at USF simply because its basketball in a super basketball conference.  as someone who has attended over 200 games at the Sun Dome and prior 'home' courts, I wish it weren't this way, but it is.

the rays will never make it to the world series. the al east is full of talent like the yankees and red sox and the rays will never be able to compete.

• Content Count:  1,390

heath won't win at USF simply because its basketball in a super basketball conference.  as someone who has attended over 200 games at the Sun Dome and prior 'home' courts, I wish it weren't this way, but it is.

the rays will never make it to the world series. the al east is full of talent like the yankees and red sox and the rays will never be able to compete.

Only difference there is that USF doesn't get the #1 recruit in the nation, like the Rays did draft picks, for sucking every year  :P

(and I've been a Rays fan since about '04)

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

Count yourself lucky, the Rays have sucked much longer than that.

They will never routinely contend for the AL East...maybe one flukey year a decade if that.

:hijacked

• Content Count:  1,390

Count yourself lucky, the Rays have sucked much longer than that.

Haha yeah I'm aware of that, I was just too young to really care before '04-ish.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Bumping this back to the front page.

Archived