• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So we lost godfrey and reese to UCF....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

awesome.....mcmurphy wins no?

have we ever gotten our top WR commits....i feel like we never get em

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241

With Carnes Comitted and BJ only entering into his sophmore year, either godfrey or carnes would have transferred eventually.  Not too concerned about it. We can get a walk-on to be the 3rd string guy

• Content Count:  1,251

With Carnes Comitted and BJ only entering into his sophmore year, either godfrey or carnes would have transferred eventually.  Not too concerned about it. We can get a walk-on to be the 3rd string guy

depth is always important.....and im more concerned about losing reese.....some people thought reese would be here in the fall.....nows he at UCF.....

• Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

That had nothing to do with mcm, Godfrey wanted a place where he could start as a freshman that gives UCF a head start and the other two wanted to go together. Is a good get for them but is not that bad for USF. With carnes we have a QB committed, the biggest loss was Reese and he is not indispensable.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Why would Godfrey come here to be behind BJ immediately and still have to compete against Carnes, who looks even better than he does?

Reese is a pretty significant loss though.

and im more concerned about losing reese.....some people thought reese would be here in the fall.....nows he at UCF.....

He's not anywhere yet. Let him sign the LOI.

Godfrey is as good as gone though.

• Content Count:  1,400

did we ever have reese?

the qb i could understand u want to go where there's a chance at playing time behind BJ and carnes this guy would not see the field at least not at qb

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

did we ever have reese?

the qb i could understand u want to go where there's a chance at playing time behind BJ and carnes this guy would not see the field at least not at qb

Godfrey could have made a fine WR prospect after he lost the position battle to Carnes.  We're in essence loosing 2 receivers here in Reese and Godfrey.

Sure there's a chance Godfrey could have been the guy at QB, but most think Carnes would have beat him out.  He would have likely gone the Evan Landi rout and started practicing both then just moving full time to WR.

did we ever have reese?

Godfrey could have made a fine WR prospect after he lost the position battle to Carnes.  We're in essence loosing 2 receivers here in Reese and Godfrey.

Sure there's a chance Godfrey could have been the guy at QB, but most think Carnes would have beat him out.  He would have likely gone the Evan Landi rout and started practicing both then just moving full time to WR.

Godfrey projects better as a WR at the next level (college ball) than he does a QB. However, he was only considering places he was recruited as a QB. He's probably UCF's QB of the future and should do pretty well in C-USA.

Godfrey screams Keith Clanton (basketball player that chose UCF over us) as far as I'm concerned -- a player who wants to be a big fish in a small pond that wouldn't make it in a big ocean.

Archived