• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Letters of Support for USF or Levitt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

so a walk-on player who has been trying to earn a scholarship... who led USF in tackles on Special teams last season....

has come out and made false claims about leavitt hitting him...

actually he didn~t even make the claims...

u guys are saying someone made this up... if it was made up people are going to get sued for slander....

No, I'm saying football is a rough sport and **** happens. If the kid was hurt (physically not emotionally) from this, then it was over the line, if not, then he's an oversensitive twit.  I was at that game and said, after they lost the lead and then had a 1 point margin going into the half, "someone better be getting on some asses in that locker room".  Sounds like that is what happened and someone and his family thinks that is over the line?  Get over yourselves, this isn't Pop Warner and it is not high school.  Plus it is in the locker room, which is way more secretive (or at least it's supposed to be) than Vegas.  I'm not a Leavitt fan, but I believe that kid and his family are a bit delusional and were used by BM to take this where he (BM) wanted it to go.  Fire him for the past three years of conference failures but if this is what it comes down to, then today's youth are bigger pu$$ies than even I thought they were.  I don't want to see the guy go out like this because it just ain't right!!

I'll repeat myself again - I HAVE BEEN VERY NEGATIVE OF LEAVITT AS OUR HC GOING FORWARD BASED UPON THE PRODUCT ON THE FIELD - but this is PC bullshite!!  I have a son, if he cried about something like this he would get my foot up his arse!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nybullsfan

[rant]

i still can't believe this is an issue for anyone other than the tinkerbells in the art history department

disciplining a player is part of football, what doesn't kill him makes him stronger. in other words...

no blood, no foul.

the only reason to get rid of cjl is to replace him with another coach that will do better. running him out of town in tar and feathers will do wonders for our ability to recruit the next coach (NOT).

i'm not the greatest fan of leavitt or his antics but using this pissant excuse to get rid of him is cowardice of the highest sort.

right now we should all rally 'round the flag, and keep leavitt, if for no other reason than to reassure the next potential coach that we will stand behind him.

[/rant]

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Are you calling McMurphy a "tinkerbell".

That could be defamation, unless of course you're not calling him that, but someone from an anonymous source is.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

so a walk-on player who has been trying to earn a scholarship... who led USF in tackles on Special teams last season....

has come out and made false claims about leavitt hitting him...

actually he didn~t even make the claims...

u guys are saying someone made this up... if it was made up people are going to get sued for slander....

No, I'm saying football is a rough sport and **** happens. If the kid was hurt (physically not emotionally) from this, then it was over the line, if not, then he's an oversensitive twit.  I was at that game and said, after they lost the lead and then had a 1 point margin going into the half, "someone better be getting on some asses in that locker room".  Sounds like that is what happened and someone and his family thinks that is over the line?  Get over yourselves, this isn't Pop Warner and it is not high school.  Plus it is in the locker room, which is way more secretive (or at least it's supposed to be) than Vegas.  I'm not a Leavitt fan, but I believe that kid and his family are a bit delusional and were used by BM to take this where he (BM) wanted it to go.  Fire him for the past three years of conference failures but if this is what it comes down to, then today's youth are bigger pu$$ies than even I thought they were.  I don't want to see the guy go out like this because it just ain't right!!

I'll repeat myself again - I HAVE BEEN VERY NEGATIVE OF LEAVITT AS OUR HC GOING FORWARD BASED UPON THE PRODUCT ON THE FIELD - but this is PC bullshite!!  I have a son, if he cried about something like this he would get my foot up his arse!!

he was not physically hurt

Guest nybullsfan

That could be defamation, unless of course you're not calling him that, but someone from an anonymous source is.

now that's funny.

steve, if brett sues, will you represent me? (anonymously of course)

Guest Sunburned

Which players, coaches, or staff that were iin the locker room that day have publicly gone on record supporting Leavitt?

Dumb question.

There is an active investigation from USF on this topic.  No one, and I mean no one, will be premitted to talk to the media on this topic until USF says it is okay to do so.

So the answere is zero, and will remain that way for some period of time.

Hang onto your panties until then.

They had the opportunity to do so before that "active" investigation began.

• Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  0

I am behind Leavitt.

I have no reason to believe he choked and hit a player twice.

There are many reasons  but here is the biggest. How many times has Jim grabbed coaches on the sidelines ie Coach Clark, Coach Burnham, Coach Kravtiz, Coach Daiz, Coach Douglas and list goes on an on.  In the Kansas game up there B Clark almost fought Jim on the sidelines for putting hadds on him trust it was on t.v. or how about the time he put his hands on Wally B two years ago we all remember that and there is reason why TD was up in the box  because during he got caught up in the chains and jim put his hands on him and he almost killed Jim. These all  are off ol Jimbo outburst, and those are fellow colleagues, wif he could do that respected football minds what do you think he could do to some walk on?

You all know nothing of real Jim Leavitt. All you know is what he wants you know so I it is about time for you all to take a back seat on this and shut up. Jim has two sides to him and former players and coaches will tell you he is kinda out there. so let jsut see what happens in weeks to come. ;)

• Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

Many probably don't remember but back when Eddie Cardieri was the head baseball coach, McMurphy wrote an article that I feel single handidly brought him down and was the reason he was fired.

I had forgotten that one, as I thought a change was overdue for other reasons.  Just additional evidence that Brett's motivation has nothing to do with CJL or his dismissal from the Trib.  Still, I think CJL will weather the storm and continue to coach, as he is the stronger and better person in this grudge match.  GB!

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

now that's funny.

steve, if brett sues, will you represent me? (anonymously of course)

hahaha

brett is a good guy

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

Which players, coaches, or staff that were iin the locker room that day have publicly gone on record supporting Leavitt?

Dumb question.

There is an active investigation from USF on this topic.  No one, and I mean no one, will be premitted to talk to the media on this topic until USF says it is okay to do so.

So the answere is zero, and will remain that way for some period of time.

Hang onto your panties until then.

They had the opportunity to do so before that "active" investigation began.

Conversely, the player involved and the other players had over 2 weeks to complain about the incident.

Archived