• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wednesday Press Conference canceled

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

i understand some of us want to stand behind the university and it's personnel, but something happened, and as bennett said, USF needs to give it and honest and serious investigation. dont be so quick to dismiss this as mcmurphy bs. yet at least.

Why, in multiple threads then are you so quick to take it as a reason to dismiss Leavitt? 

Why are you and guys like Hermie so ready to say "Gee Leavitt makes funny faces, and looks mad on the sidelines, I can see him choking and beating a player or small dog" but when it comes to McMurphy who has a greater track record authoring error-filled hit pieces abundant with misquotes and fabrications than Leavitt has being violent towards anyone, you say, "slow down, let's look at this, it's a very serious matter, why would Brett lie"?

Thanks for the name drop  :P

my main point in when I heard this story I wasnt surprised.  Leavitt doesnt seem or sound like the brightest bulb in the xmas tree.  Ive seen his emotions get the best of him too many times to no wait to hear the truth or final decision, instead of just lumping it on a BM fib.  On the other hand I have noted I believe Brett has an axe to grind with USF, so maybe its been over exaggerated.  But for the press conference to be cancelled makes it seem USF isnt ready to talk about this, and if it didnt happen all Leavitt would have to do is go up there very confidently and say its BS and be ready to answer tough question, which I dont feel he is.  Something is fishy in the air. 

For instance, if I was accused of fondling a co worker tomorrow I would go right to the source and head person in charge and prove my innocense.  Leavitts "its complety untrue comments" were said through Mr. USF Greg Auman (I think, i dont read his puppy stories) and not to the public in front of a camera, so until I hear him and can judge for myself with some facts, ill side with something is very suspicious about all this. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would think USF would want to get this over with and resolved ASAP, unless....

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

For instance, if I was accused of fondling a co worker tomorrow I would go right to the source and head person in charge and prove my innocense. 

It's off topic, but how would you do that?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

You would think USF would want to get this over with and resolved ASAP, unless....

I think so too, but if you listen to people on the other side like Brian Bennett, it better not be over quickly or it will be a sham.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't - it works perfectly for the less ethically charged in the media.

For instance, if I was accused of fondling a co worker tomorrow I would go right to the source and head person in charge and prove my innocense. 

I would start by going after the accuser right away and vehemently denying it.  Then if it happened in a room full of people I would get everyone who was around to prove it didnt happen.  CJL isnt doing that.  maybe he is too busy recruiting and so confident he doesnt want to deal, bt he would be different than me.  I would put an end to the nonsense immediately, if I were innocent of course.  Thats why I have been careful with my opinion, really all I am saying is I think something is up and it doesnt surprise me (that the part some dont like) and if that something were just minor or not serious it would have been put to bed already.  but I can be wrong, I have been plenty of time. 

• Content Count:  7,693

This whole thing is nothing but a fabricated assault at Leavitt by BMM... the father has already came out and stated that BMM misquoted him, I'm not sure why this is still such a big deal.

zoolander-mugatu-crazy-pills.jpg

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

brad,

this is a lot more serious then us fans not hearing about practice updates.

I think you're missing my point.

Had we not been hit with another creation from McMurphy, we'd be on regular old press conference schedule.  Dig?  Now we're in lockdown.  It will be rescheduled, but when?  Who knows?   In the meantime the only stuff we'll see is what McMurphy churns out to be picked up everywhere.

I'd rather us be on normal schedule and not having to counter another McMurphy mess. 

You (rightfully) harshly criticize those fans who immediately jump to the conclusion that Leavit has assaulted one of his players, yet you do exactly the same thing.  I am not a fan of Brett, but knowing what has been said about this story, I have a hard time dismissing it immediately.  There is much truth to what John Romano of the Times said in that Leavit's actions don't necessarily make this allegation entirely unbelievable.

What is clear is that a player, a parent, and five other people involved with USF when to Brett and said something happened.  The fact that they later ironed things out with Jim does not mean McMurphy is lying now.  It is entirely reasonable that this cats have changed their story to protect Jim.  I think USF needs to take time and allow this thing to works itself out.  Canceling press conferences makes them look Bush League and I don't blame Brett, I blame USF.

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

unlike so many others who have jumped on either the ``Leavitt could never do such a thing`` or the ``Fire Leavitt with cause`` bandwagon, i\'m not going to speculate about what happened in that locker room.  let the investigation run its course.

cancelling press conferences and letting practice out early (did this turn out to be true?) looks very, very bad for the program.

and it`s not McMurphy`s fault.  he`s been a hack sniffing at USF`s ass for a scandal for YEARS. thje University should have been ready in advance to deal with whatever bombs he may drop. 

• Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

Nah! This is a true McMurphass hack job. Think about it. Here he was, sports writer for a full bodied newspaper, gets fired under speculations of misuse of  reporting skills, blames it on his run ins with Leavit and USF, begins to write for a blog on the internet, breaks a fabricated story, only in the direction of having taken a gamble at looking good to get another newspaper gig. Think about it. What did the schmuck have to lose? This attack has been planned and premeditated. He just needed the fuel for the fire and the right time. Call homeland security! This definitely is a terrorist attack, IMHO!!!  Reaper

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I would start by going after the accuser right away and vehemently denying it.  Then if it happened in a room full of people I would get everyone who was around to prove it didnt happen.  CJL isnt doing that.  maybe he is too busy recruiting and so confident he doesnt want to deal, bt he would be different than me.  I would put an end to the nonsense immediately, if I were innocent of course.  Thats why I have been careful with my opinion, really all I am saying is I think something is up and it doesnt surprise me (that the part some dont like) and if that something were just minor or not serious it would have been put to bed already.  but I can be wrong, I have been plenty of time. 

OK, you go to that person, something is said that wasn't perfectly planned out, they repeat it and someone else goes to your boss and says that you tried to intimidate this person into dropping the "charges"...then what?

:popcorn

Archived