• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wednesday Press Conference canceled

Brad

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

It seems as though the line of thought of the USF can do no worng crowd that this is a "creation" of McMurphy and that nothing bad happened. Well, that line of thought is dead wrong. If you read the stories with an open mind, you will see where there was at the very least an incident between Levaitt and Miller that required them to resolve it. That was said by Miller's dad after the initial comments were retracted. I am not saying that Leavitt smacked him, or grabbed him by the throat, but there was an incident. That can not be denied. IF he did not grab and/or strike Miller, then he's got nothing to worry about. IF he did grab and/or stirke Miller, then he needs to be fired. Either way there was an incident that must be looked into. A normal grabbing of shoulder pads does not require a resolution. I've played many sports at a varsity level I've been grabbed by the shoulder pads, I've been told that we lost to Lakeland because God was mad at our team because we wanted to have sex with animals (by a VERY respected former HS coach in Tampa). I never felt like either of those incident required a resolution. IMO like many arguements/incidents, there are 2 sides, and the truth lies somewhere in between. JMVHO

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,201

It seems as though the line of thought of the USF can do no worng crowd that this is a "creation" of McMurphy and that nothing bad happened. Well, that line of thought is dead wrong. If you read the stories with an open mind, you will see where there was at the very least an incident between Levaitt and Miller that required them to resolve it. That was said by Miller's dad after the initial comments were retracted. I am not saying that Leavitt smacked him, or grabbed him by the throat, but there was an incident. That can not be denied. IF he did not grab and/or strike Miller, then he's got nothing to worry about. IF he did grab and/or stirke Miller, then he needs to be fired. Either way there was an incident that must be looked into. A normal grabbing of shoulder pads does not require a resolution. I've played many sports at a varsity level I've been grabbed by the shoulder pads, I've been told that we lost to Lakeland because God was mad at our team because we wanted to have sex with animals (by a VERY respected former HS coach in Tampa). I never felt like either of those incident required a resolution. IMO like many arguements/incidents, there are 2 sides, and the truth lies somewhere in between. JMVHO

ummmm, Mr. Mackey says having sex with animals is bad, umkay? (south park reference for those who don't watch it).

It seems as though the line of thought of the USF can do no worng crowd that this is a "creation" of McMurphy and that nothing bad happened.

I don't think that is what anyone is saying, and doubtful that Bulliever is either. 

I think what people are saying is McMurphy has a history of twisting and embellishing the facts, and fabricating stories, so he can get printed.  This has been proven time and time again.  If you are a parent, and you know anything about people who lie, they will do it over and over and over.  And often times they get bigger as time goes on. 

heck even the witnesses are "unnamed".  And the only two who were named, deny it.  Something fishey in Tampa?

No one on this board knows the truth. USF will interview folks and seek the truth.  If no one comes forward and says something happened, then their is no story, and nothing to act upon.  Open and shut case.    Absent a corpse or witness, there is no conviction. 

Right now all we know is that there was a transaction between leavitt and a player (which happens 100 times a game I am sure) and that is all that needs to be investigated.  They don't need to go out and interview the first team USF ever had to see what their opinions are.  They need to go to some subsection of the current team, ask them for the truth, and then handle this issue based on the feedback. 

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I don't think ANYONE has said that nothing happened. The question is, what was it. Going back to Bruce's analogy, what if he accidentally brushed up against his co-worker's bottom. He didn't even notice because he was just walking along like he does every day, certainly didn't think he did anything wrong. The co-worker though feels like she was violated. Does Bruce know that he has to make amends immediately? Or only after she either confronts him, reports it, or it is leaked to McMurphy that she felt violated?

Absolutely, something happened, but was it out of the everyday world of motivation for a football player?

To paraphrase the great George Kostanza... "it's not assault if you believe it". I think that the kid was embarrassed, and emotional (after the passing of his grandmother). CJL did whatever he did in front of the team and mentioned his name to the press. The kid's dad could see that there was something going on with him. Kid danced around the whole story with dad. Players discuss what happened (not in a holy crap I though he was going to kill that guy way), BM gets wind, contacts dad, dad doesn't know all of the facts, just that his son was embarrassed in front of the team, maybe smacked in a motivational sort of way, but dad is pissed that son was embarrassed, poof "story" by BM.

It's funny that the "this is huge, they should probably hang CJL" crowd is quick to point out that the "USF can do no wrong" crowd thinks that absolutely nothing happened, when I don't think I have seen anyone with that opinion yet. Was is sexual harrassment when Bruce accidentally brushed up against his co-workers ass, no. Did "something" happen, yes.

Was is sexual harrassment when Bruce accidentally brushed up against his co-workers ***, no. Did "something" happen, yes.

Dear pretty coworker, I am sorry I brushed up against your a** 7 times this week.  And though it is a really really nice a**, the incidents were accidental and unintentional.  I also apologize in advance in the event I may accidentally brush up against it next week, possibly with open hands.  lol.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

unlike so many others who have jumped on either the ``Leavitt could never do such a thing`` or the ``Fire Leavitt with cause`` bandwagon, i\'m not going to speculate about what happened in that locker room.  let the investigation run its course.

cancelling press conferences and letting practice out early (did this turn out to be true?) looks very, very bad for the program.

and it`s not McMurphy`s fault.  he`s been a hack sniffing at USF`s *** for a scandal for YEARS. thje University should have been ready in advance to deal with whatever bombs he may drop. 

No.  But maybe you'll read that it was.  ::)

You can't be ready for a hack to come at your program when that hack has relationships with former and current players on this board on which he preys, exploiting any unhappiness they have with themselves, Leavitt, USF etc.  Had they decided to shut him out of practices and pressers himself it would have been another bigger deal and he (and many of his media peers) would have been even more focused to harm USF.  Could you imagine the stories.

What would you have done?  Tell us all how easy it would be to shut down an illegitimate member of the media on an absolute mission to harm you.

Right now, those that know are trying to inform others that these things need to be looked at, but also to remember McMurphy's history of being WRONG time and time again.

What would you do?  How do you stop him?

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

has press conference been rescheduled?

this investigation shouldnt take long

even the biggest leavitt supporters need to be concerned with way this is looking

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

since there's an investigation going on, would you really expect them to have a press conference? They're trying to gather facts, why would you put people out there without talking to them first?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741

I don't think ANYONE has said that nothing happened. The question is, what was it. Going back to Bruce's analogy, what if he accidentally brushed up against his co-worker's bottom. He didn't even notice because he was just walking along like he does every day, certainly didn't think he did anything wrong. The co-worker though feels like she was violated. Does Bruce know that he has to make amends immediately? Or only after she either confronts him, reports it, or it is leaked to McMurphy that she felt violated?

Absolutely, something happened, but was it out of the everyday world of motivation for a football player?

To paraphrase the great George Kostanza... "it's not assault if you believe it". I think that the kid was embarrassed, and emotional (after the passing of his grandmother). CJL did whatever he did in front of the team and mentioned his name to the press. The kid's dad could see that there was something going on with him. Kid danced around the whole story with dad. Players discuss what happened (not in a holy crap I though he was going to kill that guy way), BM gets wind, contacts dad, dad doesn't know all of the facts, just that his son was embarrassed in front of the team, maybe smacked in a motivational sort of way, but dad is pissed that son was embarrassed, poof "story" by BM.

It's funny that the "this is huge, they should probably hang CJL" crowd is quick to point out that the "USF can do no wrong" crowd thinks that absolutely nothing happened, when I don't think I have seen anyone with that opinion yet. Was is sexual harrassment when Bruce accidentally brushed up against his co-workers ***, no. Did "something" happen, yes.

You refuted Bruce's analogy with your statement about "Absolutely, something happened, but was it out of the everyday world of motivation for a football player?" The pretty co-workers butt being grazed IS out of the everyday world in an office". That is exactly where I am going with the fact that an incident occured, and needed to be resolved. If it was within the everyday motivation then I'm sure that someone who played HS football (Miller) would not have a problem with it. To be clear, I don't want a witchhunt, I just think that a thorough investigation should be done, which I think is happening. I'me sure that when Mangino was accused and RichRod was accused of mistreating players, that there were some one here that now say yeh, regular football stuff, that were ready to fire them in a minute.

Archived