• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attn: USF Legal, Please start the Cease and Desist campaign to media channels

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  0

Yesterday, it was the very popular Dan Lebatard and Stu Gotz show (970AM) down here in Miami/Ft. Laud constantly making jokes of Leavitt/USF on their 4-7PM show. This AM, my wife calls me and tells me the popular Paul and Young Ron show (105.9FM) is running the story verbatim from the Fanhouse report "1 parent and 5 unnamed players". If Greg Auman, in a matter of a couple hours, was able to get contradicting statements from most of the parties involved, do we not have a basis to silence the slander until an investigation says otherwise. It was pretty sad to even see ESPN use the story sourced from fanhouse.

All I can say is that it is a typical, "the Genie is out of the bottle" scenario. How many millions in Alumni support and what could it have done to recruiting. This crap could set a building program back a number of years if not contained. I will try to email both of these stations and request a retraction during both of these shows until investigation is complete. They both ran with an unsubstantiated story from a source that had written at least four falsities prior to this story.

It would be better for USF to say please cease and desist with this story while we investigate instead of no comment while we investigate.....the harm may already be done.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Yesterday, it was the very popular Dan Lebatard and Stu Gotz show (970AM) down here in Miami/Ft. Laud constantly making jokes of Leavitt/USF on their 4-7PM show. This AM, my wife calls me and tells me the popular Paul and Young Ron show (105.9FM) is running the story verbatim from the Fanhouse report "1 parent and 5 unnamed players". If Greg Auman, in a matter of a couple hours, was able to get contradicting statements from most of the parties involved, do we not have a basis to silence the slander until an investigation says otherwise. It was pretty sad to even see ESPN use the story sourced from fanhouse.

All I can say is that it is a typical, "the Genie is out of the bottle" scenario. How many millions in Alumni support and what could it have done to recruiting. This crap could set a building program back a number of years if not contained. I will try to email both of these stations and request a retraction during both of these shows unitl investigation is complete. They both ran with an unsubstantiated story from a source that had written at least four falsities prior to this story.

It would be better for USF to say please cease and desist with this story while we investigate instead of no comment while we investigate.....the harm may already be done.

USF needs to investigate ASAP. If true fire his ass, if not true come out and say so.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

This has set the program back a number of days not years.

It will blow over and be gone in no time.  Don't overreact.

• Content Count:  186

Cease and desist?  What is this Soviet Russia?  It's called free speech.

Just because the kid's Dad has no sack doesn't mean anything.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Hey pheenix - my money says you don't have the "sack" to say that face to face with his dad.

Yes, you can voice your bad self on a chatboard. That holds the same credibility as the story.

• Content Count:  558

This has nothing to do about free speech......you have the right to free speech and bare arms but you can't just go out and shoot people just like you can't make false accusations to a University and its athletic program that will do irreparable harm. Look up the words "slander" and "cease and desist" in your legal dictionary. There are many cases lately in the media that involve such legalities. You are probably a card carrying ACLU member I assume as well.

Hey pheenix - my money says you don't have the "sack" to say that face to face with his dad.

Yes, you can voice your bad self on a chatboard. That holds the same credibility as the story.

His Dad needs to make up his mind, why is he talking to reporters in the first place if nothing happened?  If something did happen, why is he backpedaling?

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

His Dad needs to make up his mind, why is he talking to reporters in the first place if nothing happened?  If something did happen, why is he backpedaling?

If you've read all the stories, Paul Miller says that he was answering a hypothetical question that McMurphy asked, and McMurphy made it look like Miller's response was about the incident in question.  Brett often uses himself as an unnamed source. 

Both are typical of Brett's style to twist words and make mountains out of molehills.

McMurphy:  Hi is this Paul Miller

Paul Miller:  Yes who is this?

McMurphy:  This is Brett McMurphy, sports writer for fan house.  I was just curious if someone was slapped on the street, what would happen?

Yeah that makes a ton of sense.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

All I can say is that it is a typical, "the Genie is out of the bottle" scenario. How many millions in Alumni support and what could it have done to recruiting. This crap could set a building program back a number of years if not contained. I will try to email both of these stations and request a retraction during both of these shows unitl investigation is complete. They both ran with an unsubstantiated story from a source that had written at least four falsities prior to this story.

USF needs to investigate ASAP. If true fire his ***, if not true come out and say so.

And what would you suggest McMurphy do or have done to him if not true?  We know you support him.  Would you recommend he be fired  ASAP for concocting so many erroneous stories?  Or does it suit you just fine that he continue to do such harm to your alma mater.  I know you're blinded by embarrassment and disappointment because the team went 7-5, but try to see through the haze and answer for me.  You're quite capable of seeing potential wrong with the coach you despise, how about the internet gossip you admire? 

Archived