• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attn: USF Legal, Please start the Cease and Desist campaign to media channels

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

do you really believe brett made it up

usf's lack of statement in this matter says a ton

leavitt and usf need to hold press conference and deny allegations or leavitt needs to resign

• Content Count:  186
  • Days Won:  0

Well one thing is certain, someone needs to be fired over this, either McMurphy or Leavitt.  Because either one is a lying hack who has no business in journalism or the other is an abusive buffoon who has no business around college athletes.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

do you really believe brett made it up

usf's lack of statement in this matter says a ton

leavitt and usf need to hold press conference and deny allegations or leavitt needs to resign

Hey "Counselor"

Since you're not up to speed and that does not stop you from running off at the keyboard, Leavitt flatly denied in articles yesterday and there is a regularly scheduled weekly press conference Wednesday too.

However, he may not be speaking then as it is University policy that no one comment until the investigation is over.  The investigation was promptly announced in their release yesterday which you obviously missed also:

Request for USF Athletics Statement

From Michael Hoad, USF Vice President Communications:

“The University of South Florida is aware of the story and will review the matter promptly. We're committed to ensuring due process for everyone involved.  To ensure fairness, the university doesn't comment during a review.”

Thanks – Lara

Lara Wade

News Director

University Communications & Marketing

University of South Florida

4202 East Fowler Avenue ADM 271

Seriously, are you this sloppy when evicting people?

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

It amazes me how people believe everything they read on the internet.

They are just using the ammo the fanhouse article provided to try and get what they want, Leavitt fired.

Forget the facts, just make claims and see what happens  ::)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Yesterday, it was the very popular Dan Lebatard and Stu Gotz show (970AM) down here in Miami/Ft. Laud constantly making jokes of Leavitt/USF on their 4-7PM show. This AM, my wife calls me and tells me the popular Paul and Young Ron show (105.9FM) is running the story verbatim from the Fanhouse report "1 parent and 5 unnamed players". If Greg Auman, in a matter of a couple hours, was able to get contradicting statements from most of the parties involved, do we not have a basis to silence the slander until an investigation says otherwise. It was pretty sad to even see ESPN use the story sourced from fanhouse.

All I can say is that it is a typical, "the Genie is out of the bottle" scenario. How many millions in Alumni support and what could it have done to recruiting. This crap could set a building program back a number of years if not contained. I will try to email both of these stations and request a retraction during both of these shows unitl investigation is complete. They both ran with an unsubstantiated story from a source that had written at least four falsities prior to this story.

It would be better for USF to say please cease and desist with this story while we investigate instead of no comment while we investigate.....the harm may already be done.

USF needs to investigate ASAP. If true fire his ***, if not true come out and say so.

And what would you suggest McMurphy do or have done to him if not true?  We know you support him.  Would you recommend he be fired  ASAP for concocting so many erroneous stories?  Or does it suit you just fine that he continue to do such harm to your alma mater.  I know you're blinded by embarrassment and disappointment because the team went 7-5, but try to see through the haze and answer for me.  You're quite capable of seeing potential wrong with the coach you despise, how about the internet gossip you admire? 

If it is proven that Brett made the story up, and put fake quotes in his report he should be fired and sued.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Randy,

Brett interviewed me for a story in 2006.  He put in altered quotes and took comment out of context and used it to his liking.  I have no doubts he has continued to do this.

Reading the Times' stories, it sees quite clear he did at least the latter - took statements from a longer conversation and used them out of context to his choosing. 

The whole thing does not have to be "made up", nor the quotes "fake".   I can go through all your comments on this message board and cut and paste them into a story proclaiming your love for Jim Leavitt.  They would be "real" quotes but together in such a way not to represent at all what you believe.  Got it?   He's done it before.  He can do it again. 

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Hey pheenix - my money says you don't have the "sack" to say that face to face with his dad.

Yes, you can voice your bad self on a chatboard. That holds the same credibility as the story.

His Dad needs to make up his mind, why is he talking to reporters in the first place if nothing happened?  If something did happen, why is he backpedaling?

I think the answer to this question is quite obvious......the kid's dad was mad, he went to McMurphy said some things. McMurphy said on the radio this morning he has been working on this story for weeks. Now the Dad is not mad, CJL and everyone are all happy campers so he is retracting or backpedaling on his comments. I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle of what each side is saying.

Archived