• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College Football is Pointless

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

They only put TCU and Boise in the same game so they can have 1-less undefeated team.

Nobody "put" them anywhere. The bowls choose, in an order that changes year to year, and the Orange Bowl had the pick before the Fiesta and chose Iowa, probably because of their great bowl attendance.

Sure, no politicing is involved in the BCS process. The whole things is a sham.

I understand the "system" of Bowls picking their teams, but I think there is more involved.

I was hoping Iowa would have finished the season undefeated. I always pull for the most undefeated teams possible to finish the season.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,528

the most sickening thing about the BCS is, that since this is the system we are "Stuck" with, they could at least fix some simple things:

Make ALL 6 BCS conferences have a championship game, or not. If there were no SEC championship, we'd be watching UF and Bama in Pasadena. On the other hand, Ohio State and USC have an easier road to the title each year.

Force some more consistencies: same number of games played by all BSC schools, same number of home/away games amongst BCS teams, limit number of non-BBS games, etc.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

They only put TCU and Boise in the same game so they can have 1-less undefeated team.

Nobody "put" them anywhere. The bowls choose, in an order that changes year to year, and the Orange Bowl had the pick before the Fiesta and chose Iowa, probably because of their great bowl attendance.

actually-- from what ESPN is saying, the Fiesta bowl picked first and took TCU-- that allowed the Orange to jump all over Iowa (they know what kind of fan base they can bring) and when the Fiesta had their other pick come up, only Boise State was left.

no conspiracy-- just a poor decision on the Fiesta Bowl's part-- since had they picked Iowa, they may have still gotten TCU as well

• Content Count:  403

Money would be made from TV revenues and not necessarily the stadium attendence.  And, people would still show up for the playoff games.. the further a team goes into the playoffs, the more excitement there would be generated by fans of that team and the more money the fans would spend to go and watch the game.

Could you imagine if the games as listed in the earlier post were on TV this week?  Sure better than freakin Army vs Navy.

On a positive note, putting BSU vs TCU does ensure one other undefeated team.  So, if TCU wins and Cinci loses, there can still be 1 pissed off team saying that they are #1.

• Content Count:  4,879

Well technically aren't all sports pointless? I mean they are just pasttimes. Does anyone remember who won the pentathlon in the Greek Olympics in 472 BC ? Me neither  :D

I do, but I'm not talking.   ;D

according to my Plutarch media tablets, it was Archemedies

great discus throw won it!

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Really threw my assistant baseball coach a curve ball.  We were all set to watch his Hawkeyes in Glendale.  Oh well.

As for the TCUs and Boise States - I say screw 'em.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I definitely agree.

I'd be pissed, but not as pissed as Cinci would be if Nebraska beat Texas.  If TCU actually went to the NC game over them, it would be simply unbelievable.

Wouldn't have happened, Cincy is #3

Archived