• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

4th and 1 at the 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

At this point in time I dont think our OC/Head Coach/entire football team doesn't trust Julmiste to deliever the ball and hit a wide out/tight end or RB....

This is the main reason our O is bad ... friends that came to the game were saying when Hall was moving the ball geart ... "time for a quick pass" or something like that, but PJ just isn't consistant enough.

Grothe will Beat Out competition next summer for the starter at Penn State.

We can still beat Pitt and stop THEM from winning the Title. I would LOVE to have Pitt hate us more  ;D

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

The main thing I can't understand, is that the coaches called that audible after having a play designed during that time out. The kids all stood up and looked over at the sidelines like "are you kiddin me?" This O scheme needs to leave with a good riddance. Also the D sucks. They looked like pansy assed candy britches who didn't want to tackle. I guess it was too much of mommas cookin on thursday. Right now I am thoroughly disgusted!

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

The thing is, PJ is a third year player and he has shown he can't get things done.  Talent isnt going to suddenly appear with a guy who has been practicing the system for 3 years.  It is clear next Sat will be PJ's last game snapping balls for USF.  

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

The thing is, PJ is a third year player and he has shown he can't get things done.  Talent isnt going to suddenly appear with a guy who has been practicing the system for 3 years.  It is clear next Sat will be PJ's last game snapping balls for USF.  

Thank you for realizing this.  There are others on this board who still think with more coaching and gametime he could become good.  I think three years is enough time and that he should be at least decent by now, which he is not.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

What I don't get is this... the Memphis defense overloaded the wide side of the field - because they thought about the reverse...

But then we still try a pitch to the wide side??  hell, a sweep to the short side would have been for a TD...

And the coaches had time to adjust... the team all looked at the sidelines for the adjustment... but Hobbie, from his high post in the booth, didn't realize that Memphis had at least two people that were coming unblocked...

Pull a guard or send a WR in motion or SOMETHING to get an extra blocker...

That play typifies why I have been hard on Hobbie all year.  I know he doesn't trust PJ, but hell... there are more imaginiative ways to do things than what he has done.  Go back to high school, Hobbie - you just aren't cut out for college.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

What I don't get is this... the Memphis defense overloaded the wide side of the field - because they thought about the reverse...

But then we still try a pitch to the wide side??  hell, a sweep to the short side would have been for a TD...

And the coaches had time to adjust... the team all looked at the sidelines for the adjustment... but Hobbie, from his high post in the booth, didn't realize that Memphis had at least two people that were coming unblocked...

Pull a guard or send a WR in motion or SOMETHING to get an extra blocker...

That play typifies why I have been hard on Hobbie all year.  I know he doesn't trust PJ, but hell... there are more imaginiative ways to do things than what he has done.  Go back to high school, Hobbie - you just aren't cut out for college.

Exactly. If they are looking for the reverse they were looking for the ball to come to the side of the field WE RAN to. Hell, if they are looking for the reverse, audible to the sweep!

But you have to ask yourself this, if we were gonna run a reverse, how the heck did Cinci know? Um, maybe our coach thinks like my cat. Our players are the only ones who can see his signal.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

so many good points from so many people

i hope the coaches read this board

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  80

Yeah I read about the planned reverse this morning while we were driving home from Tampa.  I had the same reaction.  I do not know how they thought that would have worked.  

Then we run that piece of trash pitch play.  Almost everyone in our section was on their feet and furious as soon as we saw the play develop.  What a stupid call.

Why not run a play with Julmiste rolling right?  At least that would give a run/pass threat for the Defense to think about.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Pass threat?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The funniest thing I've heard all day.