• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Mark Mangino

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  468
  • Days Won:  0

"Toto, I have the feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

We need to sign fat boy as soon as possible for a three year deal... but doubt he would accept $200K or $250K which is what USF can afford.

I tried searching the net but could not find what he was being paid at Kansas? Does any one have any idea what he was banking?

It kind of depends on what kind of deal he made to step away from Kansas.  A lot of these coaches buy outs have stipulations that if you make X dollars you no longer get all the money from the Buy out.

They might be able to snag him for a season or two as a affordable assistant and disciplinarian (god knows we need one).  No reason to sign with a bad team as a head coach for the same total money as being an assistant using the buy out contract.  Bleed that for what it's worth and come back to at least a decent team.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,712
  • Days Won:  109

Kansas might look at Leavitt, but I doubt he goes there or even considers it.  He could play it up if he's offered to get more money for his coaching staff.  That I wouldn't put past him.

But he didn't go to K-State or Alabama.  Those two would be far more appealing to him.  If Jimbo weren't the heir up in Tallahassee I could see him possibly going there if he were offered or to UF if Meyer left and he was their top choice.

I doubt he leaves USF any time soon.  He's trying to build a program and has said he's about two years away from being where he wants to be with the team.  He's getting some new facilities, plays in a great stadium, and has a very young team.

I don't know why people say this.  You bring in somewhere between 17 and 25 new recruits (scholarships) each year.  How young can you be?  It's college, there aren't a lot of "old" teams out there (OK, Weinke was pretty old at FSU).  Didn't they announce close to 20 seniors at senior day?  I know they don't all play, but many freshman and sophomores don't play either.

Guest Scherdin

Why would you want him here? 

He didn't do anything that great out there, they got a steal with Reesing and a couple receivers.  He resigned, cause he was loosing all his O play makers and knew KU was going to back to being a BBall school.

We can do better

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We need to sign fat boy as soon as possible for a three year deal... but doubt he would accept $200K or $250K which is what USF can afford.

I tried searching the net but could not find what he was being paid at Kansas? Does any one have any idea what he was banking?

The negative recruiting ammo he would bring with him for his most recent incident wouldn't be worth it.  What he did would be like CJL telling Kion that if he wasn't practicing well that he would send him to Miami to get shot like his brother.  We don't need that kind of image around our program especially since other programs would use that against is in a minute and we recruit a lot of kids from inner city/"Ghetto" areas. 

• Content Count:  1,291

Maybe I change my mind..  Let's bring him so we can use him on the 7-man sled.. maybe 2-man sled..

• Content Count:  1,528

smazz is right, this guy has turned into a joke. He has some major issues to tend to before ANYONE gives him a look, i.e. his weight and his behavior with players. Would anyone be surprised to see him have a heart attack tomorrow? He needs a friend to pull the PC crap and tell him to get his waistline under control or it's going to cost him his life.

Archived