• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does George Selvie even play on the team?

Guest Scherdin

Sadly, he'll be a 4-6 rounder and will be converted to a LB in the 3-4.  Not sure how he'll be in coverage, feel bad for the guy.

As for JPP, he'll probably go, because of what happened to George

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Sadly, he'll be a 4-6 rounder and will be converted to a LB in the 3-4.  Not sure how he'll be in coverage, feel bad for the guy.

As for JPP, he'll probably go, because of what happened to George

JPP is a true 4-3 End and a different player than George and would lose out on a lot of money by leaving. This is a VERY VERY deep DE class coming out and there are a few underclassmen that would leap JPP if they chose to come out.  JPP would be a lock top 10-15 pick in next years draft baring injury.  And Yes i know Mel Kiper has him there on his board or whatever but Kiper is a joke when it comes to his predictions and JPP has very limited film and disappears for large stretches of the game outside of the cupcakes and the SU and FSU games.  Also JPP has only been playing ball since his senior year of high school and is very very raw.  I think its best that he stays but i won't be surprised to see him leave. 

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Looks like Selvie got hurt on the fumble by Harris in the third.  Selvie tackled the OL who recovered the ball.

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

With all do respect, Selvie was a 1* Center recruit out of high school. I would say he has been developed. Nate Allen was a QB out of HS, I would also say that he has been developed. For years, this team has been developing 'lesser' talent. This was the first good recruitng class in USF history, and JPP, Giddins, Barrington, Sterling Griffin, and Webster will all be studs. That is all.

• Content Count:  16,486
  • Days Won:  43

I have to laugh when someone says that USF has not developed players when they menton Selvie. Selvie was not really recruited well before he commited to USF. USF put him on defense, and all Selvie has done is being a two time All American at USF. I would say that Selvie has had  stellar career at USF.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

not to mention Mike Jenkins, Kawika Mitchell or Anthony Henry. They were definitely never developed...

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Miami has a weak qb and was expecting Selvie and JPP to get to him and they were unable to get any pressure...

• Content Count:  16,486
  • Days Won:  43

I was suprised that USF didnt get as much pressure on Harris. I think that was the thing that disappointed me the most in that game as we gave Miami too much time.

Guest nybullsfan

he padded his stats against cupcakes, but could not sustain against 1-A and b.e. competition

he came in strong, but has not shown steady improvement over time, which is the hallmark of a developing player

wow, sounds like the bulls as a team, doesn't it?

this is on the coaches

Archived