• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Whats wrong with our student body

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Knowing folks who were at those schools at that time, what a lot of the students do is SELL their tickets to alumni for that week.  So they have many leaving as well, but there's enough outside interest to gobble them up. 

and our student ticket policy prohibits this from happening right?

dont students get a print off from oasis and then have to show that and their student ID at the gate?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Our fan base is still growing, student also.

I don't think we need to bring down the student section numbers until we can sell out for a season - including the 1AA games.

The students did well in those games.

• Content Count:  2,523

Knowing folks who were at those schools at that time, what a lot of the students do is SELL their tickets to alumni for that week.  So they have many leaving as well, but there's enough outside interest to gobble them up. 

and our student ticket policy prohibits this from happening right?

dont students get a print off from oasis and then have to show that and their student ID at the gate?

Not sure.  When I was at USF (1996-2001), they just scanned our student IDs at the gates.  At FSU, UF etc, they actually go by the ticket office and get actual tickets which make it very easy to turn around and sell.  I knew a few girls who HATED football that always put in for tickets with this idea in mind and made quite a bit of money in the process.  Those FSU/UF, FSU/UM tickets fetched a pretty good amount of money during the years when they all were clicking on all cylinders.  Even "dog games" they'd make out alright.  Very seldom were they ever not able to sell them for some profit.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

I thought this was going to be about hoops ......

Bottom line is the students is like everything else about our football program, a work in progress .... We'll get there.

• Content Count:  2,558

you print the ticket off from ticketmaster and then must show your id to enter the stadium, for a student guest ticket you do not need to show an id so they can purchase these tickets and then sell them to anyone

• Content Count:  7,890

Our fan base is still growing, student also.

I don't think we need to bring down the student section numbers until we can sell out for a season - including the 1AA games.

The students did well in those games.

And this is the sad point. The students showed up for the earlier games but when it really matters out of 40k+ we cant get 15,501 students to show up.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Get over yourself, Bullfreak.  It's thanks giving.  Some things are more important than football (most things, actually).

I bet the entire lower level will be full of students.  You should be ashamed that in the 56 years of USF alumni we can't sell out the stadium with season tickets...

• Content Count:  12,293

well considering the students showed up in force for the D-1aa games I imagine they will have a good showing against Miami.  Obviously the holiday has taken its toll on them but it still isnt a very good excuse.

• Content Count:  2,558

I usually get 100 level seats when I buy guest seats, this time I was only able to buy 300 level so seems like a lot of the students are bringing guests

• Content Count:  7,890

Get over yourself, Bullfreak.  It's thanks giving.  Some things are more important than football (most things, actually).

I bet the entire lower level will be full of students.  You should be ashamed that in the 56 years of USF alumni we can't sell out the stadium with season tickets...

Two different issues out of 56 years only 13 of them had a football program so not every Alumni has a connection to Bulls Football.

My point is this other then the WVU game a few years back we do not fill the student section so if the students are not going to use the seats then make the student section smaller and sell the tickets. Once we fill the student section for the majority of the year then expand it.

Archived