• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Whats wrong with our student body

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

first their showing for homecoming and now I see theres a chance that they will not use all their tickets. Holiday or not its just sad. Most of our students are front running bandwagon fans.

If they don't sell out the student section for this game then time to make it smaller because they haven't earned the right to have the largest student section in the Big East

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/11/is-usfmiami-game-sold-out.html#comments

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

You're entitled to your opinion and I'd hate for this to sound like a personal excuse but

listen some of us live 4-6+ hours away, its friggin Thanksgiving. You know that holiday were you gather with your family and enjoy each other's company.

Football is a game. Sure its fun but come on when it comes to priorities there is no doubt.

Family > Football game.

However, NOTHING is going to stop me from being in front of a t.v on saturday.

• Content Count:  7,890

Thanksgiving is on thursday not Saturday and there are classes on Monday. Also I know things havent changed that much since I was a student so the majority of the students still live less than 3 hours away from tampa. Oh did i forget to say its the BIGGEST HOME GAME OF THE SEASON AND SOME WOULD SAY IN THE HISTORY OF THE PROGRAM.

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I live in Miami, but I'll be back here for the game.  Driving back Sat early morning

HOWEVER, BULLfreak, i disagree.  Not everyone has a chance to come back at that time.  Some people do live very far, and don't see their families too often while they are at school here, and 2 days won't cut it to spend time with family.  And yes football is a GAME.  FAMILY ALWAYS FIRST.

I wont call them less of a fan for doing so.

Even those that live closer, like Miami, might be relying on someone else to drive.  Buses or trains aren't an option, because i checked Amtrak and Greyhound.  They don't offer services that come back from Miami in time for the game.  Even the Miami to Tampa shuttles don't operate early enough to come to Tampa in time for the game.  I've checked them all.

You can't say we are not entitled to our student section size.  We have been able to fill it for many games.  So they HAVE earned the right.  Having a sub-par attendance for a big game being played on a family-tradition Holiday is a **** reason to say otherwise.

...That's MY opinion.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The student second has been repping and doing it well all year.

Stupid post.

• Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Bullfreak-  I agree with what YOU are saying.  Remember though many on this board have grown up and always had USF football, henceforth the sense of entitlement and coming and going for USF games is theirs.  Yes I have had season tickets from the beginning, yes I have deep fried turkeys at USF games, and yes I will always make arrangements to be at the new thanksgiving classic um-usf.  Bottom line  the students today did not travel to fsu-uf games while a student at usf, they did not wish to have a football team, this team was already here, so they do not understand some of the passions that the older members of this board have towards the team.  My family of 4 will do thanksgiving on Thursday.... Then the 4 of us will be at the game (albeit a bit expensive to take a family of 4 in this economy), you see when this date was announced last year I PLANNNED my thanksgiving week so I could be where I needed to be.  Asking the student population to plan past their next class or meal is asking a bit much, remember football will still be here regardless if they show or not.  Hope this clears up the student apathy for you Bullfreak, at least the police will arrest fewer student drunks on Saturday, again they are entitled to that beer at the game!

• Content Count:  12,293

Thanksgiving is not an excuse.  As some have mentioned, the same is being played SATURDAY.

you would have to be back at the latest on Sunday for classes Monday morning anyways..

Our student section better be full.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

So given that "it's Thanksgiving weekend" excuse. Do any of you think that there will be empty seats in the student section in hogtown? I know for a fact in 96, 98, 2000, and 2002 that when the gaytors went to Tally there weren't any empty seats in the student section.

• Content Count:  2,523

Knowing folks who were at those schools at that time, what a lot of the students do is SELL their tickets to alumni for that week.  So they have many leaving as well, but there's enough outside interest to gobble them up. 

Archived