• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thanks to the fans From #8

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

He has already been here 5 yrs..redshirted 2005 season

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  0

what about a pinkney type situation? he was able to get a 6th year...

you guys are the king of NCAA waivers after-all  ;)

http://www.ecupirates.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/pinkney_patrick00.html

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

8 out us on the map

missing 8 this season

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Thanks Matt,

My family and I really miss not seeing you out there.  I really felt that this would have been that breakout year for you and I was looking forward to seeing you in USF's first BCS bowl.  I think you should take comfort in the fact that you will be the baseline from which all other USF QB's will be measured against.  We'll hope to see you at the next level and/or in coaching later on, since we know you have the work ethic to be successful at either.  Thanks again for the good times and the great football. 

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

Thank you, Matt.  We'll be there standing and cheering as loud as we can for you for senior night.  It's been a great ride.  I would have loved to see you get to finish out your senior year.  We'll never forget the great 8!!

GO BULLS!!

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

what about a pinkney type situation? he was able to get a 6th year...

you guys are the king of NCAA waivers after-all  ;)

http://www.ecupirates.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/pinkney_patrick00.html

We've been pretty lucky in past situations.  We'd need documentation that Matt was injured during his true freshman (ie. red shirt) year.  It doesn't exist.  The coaches are pretty diligent with getting red shirts their injury waivers (a la BJ Daniels last year), but that wasn't the case for Matt.  I don't think the coaches knew what they had with him at the time or he probably would have gotten injured during that time.

I'm not sure Matt would want to come back.  It would certainly make for an awkward situation involving BJ.  Matt will not be forgotten at USF, and we all wish him well in the future.  I hope with this year he learned more about the coaching aspects of the game and that helps him with his future through professional ball and beyond.  Would love to see him on the staff as a GA if he doesn't make the league, or sometime there after.

• Content Count:  1,142

My family has enjoyed the ride Matt has given us for the past few seasons.  Even my 3 year old knows Matt was our QB. She was so sad when "he got a boo boo on his left knee".  She wanted to give him one of her bandaids.  We wish him all the best!

• Content Count:  1,037

thank you all and see u sat!!!!! go bulls..... it will be a great day in more ways than 1!!!!  thats all i will say!!

• Content Count:  1,037

Matt Grothe and Selvie will always be remembered as the two that got the party started for USF.

Archived