• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thanks to the fans From #8

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

Matt wanted me to get on here and let yall know how much you the fans and bullspen members mean to him. I ask him what he wanted me to write and he just said " tell em thanks and will see them on Sat. when we walk out on the field".  To the students " you guys are the best, if I could cheer as loud as yall I would do it when I am on the field for the student section, keep it up and GO BULLS!!!"  he is going to miss being on that field but will get to say his goodbye Sat.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,478

Please thank Matt for all he has done to help put a face on this program. So many good memories, sorry that it ended the way it did.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,635
  • Days Won:  29

Thanx Coach ... and THANK YOU MATT !

The Great 8

• Content Count:  827

As a great jesture, they should have him suit up for the game and on the first offensive play of the game have him go out there and take a knee.

Now that would be special.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I will be there cheering as loud as i can for #8. He has meant a great deal to this program and will be remembered as one of the greatest bulls ever as he and Selvie have been USF football for the past 4 years. Best luck to him and your family in the future. Happy Thanksgiving Matt!

• Content Count:  172

/salute Matt

• Content Count:  488

As a great jesture, they should have him suit up for the game and on the first offensive play of the game have him go out there and take a knee.

As much as I would like to see this as well...this would jack up an already jacked up Miami team.  Think about it.  I know this would be a great gesture to a great player, but if I was standing there on the other side of the ball and having to witness that, I would really want to ruin the momentous occasion by beating the cr*p out of my opponents.

Perhaps have Matt come in on the last play (if we are winning of course) and take a knee.  I think that would be an appropriate good-bye to a legendary player.

On another note:  I don't think I've seen a player play with as much heart as Matt did while wearing a Bulls uniform.  If we could consistently put 4 to 5 Grothe-caliber players (based on talent, skills, temperament, attributes, leadership qualities) out onto field on both sides of the ball every Saturday, then we could do something really special.  A player could have all the talent in the world and the fastest 40 yard time, but only sheer determination, guts, and a passion for the game will truly define a player's career.  Matt's career has had many accolades, but one most notable will be him helping his team put USF Bulls on the map.

• Content Count:  2,726

There are so many alumni that will never forget the heroics and outstanding play of Matt Grothe.

This alumni certainly won't.  Matt will be enshrined forever in the Bulls Hall of Fame one day...along with George Selvie.  As the two Bulls who put this program on the MAP!!!

Regardless of how it ended, Matt Grothe will forever be a legend at USF.

Myself and my family miss watching him compete out there, and we wish him all the best.

Hope to see him get a knee in out there when we beat Miami.  ;)

This game is for the seniors.

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  2,052

I keep playing that one play in my mind of his and asking, 'how the hell did he get out of that jam?" One of the many he had. Thanks Matt!      Reaper

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

You're way off base here.  After BJ runs for the game clenching first down.  We can send Matt out for the final kneel downs to run out the clock and put up the second 'W' over another instate team.  That works out better for everyone.

Archived