• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thanks to the fans From #8

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I for one and a huge Grothe fan.  The kid worked so hard and in many games he "was" practically the whole team. 

I really had hoped he'd be back this year, but am glad he will have a shot at the NFL.  He plays with two things, heart and guts. 

Tell him congrats on his upcoming graduation from USF, the degree is mighty important.  And best of luck in the NFL.

We will never forget that Matt helped us to believe in this team and program. As much as some of the pioneers of Bulls football made things happen (Blackwell, Hall, Grammatica, Mitchell, Henry, etc).  He will be deservingly in the USF HOF some day.

Seriously, thanks Matt.  We are where we are in part because of you. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

Definitely took us to the next level and made us all proud to be Bulls.  Really appreciate his attitude during this unfortunate episode.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I sure have missed seeing #8 out on the field this year. He always gave us everything he had and then some. Some of my favorite moments...

The win against KU last year was the pure will of MG. With that rushing TD he had late in the second, we were back in the game and the momentum tilted our way a little.

And this is when it was very obvious that MG was going to be special...

Good luck Matt, it was a pleasure watching you kid. Hope he gets a shot in the NFL. I look at him like Vince Young. Sure, other QBs may put up better numbers and have more skill, but you can't coach someone to be a winner, they just have it.

Thanks for sharing Flip.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Tell Matt thanks from all of us, Coach.  It will be very sad to see Matt go.  I will be cheering the loudest for Matt and George come Saturday.  To me, those are the 2 players that exemplify what it means to be a good player and a great representative of USF.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,035
  • Days Won:  469

Fans can be brutal unfortunately.  I'm glad we've got so many great ones that support the great one.

Thanks for taking us to the next level Matt, and I wish I could be there for Senior Day.

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Tell Matt thanks from all of us, Coach.  It will be very sad to see Matt go.  I will be cheering the loudest for Matt and George come Saturday.  To me, those are the 2 players that exemplify what it means to be a good player and a great representative of USF.

Don't forget Nate Allen.

I am sure we will have a "seniors" thread in the next couple of days, but think about all the big plays in that Auburn game by our sophomores. Allen, Grothe, Selvie, Murph, Hester. Pretty special class of seniors graduating this year.

• Content Count:  4,879

Don't forget Nate Allen.

I am sure we will have a "seniors" thread in the next couple of days, but think about all the big plays in that Auburn game by our sophomores. Allen, Grothe, Selvie, Murph, Hester. Pretty special class of seniors graduating this year.

we'll miss Kion as much as any of these.  He has had a monster year and leads so well, too.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Matt,

Through your good times and bad times most of us were there with you-screaming and yelling at the field or TV feeling the frustration and enjoying the successes....good luck man on your next competition in life....

• Content Count:  2,719

Matt, thanks for committing to this team early and never wavering in your decision.  Thanks for being a great student-athlete and always representing the University with pride and professionalism.  You have been the heart and soul of the offense since you have been here and will be missed as it already has in some games.  Good luck in your future endeavors and I hope you always remain a Bull at heart.

• Content Count:  88

i don't understand why your school doesn't seek an injury waiver for this player

could only  help both the team, and his draft stock

Archived