• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Real live bull for mascot

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

yes, right for the 3rd time this year!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

um I think we have a Rocky the BUll in traiing actually, its a white Bull

You are correct, Rocky IV is down in Riverview at a farm and Rocky V is up in a pasture next to the Brooksville Beef O' Brady's and they are both white and ready to go... they are very docile and calm around people.

My Alumni Chapter (Hernando) has our watch parties up at the Brooksville Beef's and have spoken with the owners of Rocky IV and V and they will be willing to haul which ever Rocky down for an event in Tampa, the problem has been the University. We have been trying to get the Alumni to at least have it on campus for homecoming (which is very doable) and then hopefully ease it into Raymond James's parking lot and then into the stadium.

If you want to help the process along then contact the alumni assoc. and tell them that this is something you want... it may speed up the process.

I think the only way this things flies is to get the owners, and PETA, to approve CJL headbutting IV and/or V ...

• Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

Thanks for the replies and updates.  I had 'herd' about the Riverview bull, but I didn't know about the Brooksville Rocky V.  Has he checked out the Beef O Brady's at the new Marshall Center?  He probably would like it a lot.  Right by the campus Beef's he could graze in the field by the MLK Plaza, there are nearby shade trees, and he could hop in the new fountain with his fake cousins to cool off or get a drink!

• Content Count:  4,738

oh geez

not this **** again

• Content Count:  2,726

Ok here we go...

DixieBull is correct...and we seem to get a thread going every year.  So it should be expected.  Maybe the mods should make this a permanent thread on the top.  WHY?

Well...it wouldn't be hard to get the live "Rocky" to the stadium.  And he wouldn't need to "CHARGE" out with the team.  Maybe just chill in a cage and just BE THERE!!!  At least before the game!  I think he should be brought to the stadium in a large cage and chill...and then once the team runs out, the Bull can return home. 

If its that tough to keep a Bull...then just keep him caged.  LSU brings out "MIKE the Tiger" for every game on to the FRIGGAN FIELD and has him ROAR to the crowd.  BUT he is in a CAGE!!!

lol

We could do the same thing.  Just have to figure out what to have him do.  Maybe greet the team before they run out.  Something like that?

IDK...we sure do have a tough mascot though.

Not like some panzy metal wearing medieval looking d-bag with sequence on like some schools(ucf). 

What does florida do?  They have a gator? 

Does UM have a little Ibis they keep around...lol...even though those birds are indigenous to the area and im sure fly all over the place down there. 

USF should get some flamingoes from Busch Gardens and put them in a special pen in the Botanical Gardens.  Call it the "War Flamingo Nest!!!"

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I don't have any pictures of Rocky IV but do have a distant picture of Rocky V... the pasture next to the Brooksville Beef's is a massive wooded / swampy 25 acre pasture and he rarely hangs around the fence and the owners have had trouble getting him out to the fence for a photo.

they are going to try to get coax him out of the woods and into the smaller but still large holding pin for 2009 HCAC Group photos for the UConn Watch Party on 12/5/2009. Best picture I have managed to get of him has been this one...

Rocky.jpg

Regarding worries about Brahmas and safety, once they are trained there is nothing to worry about. They love people and as long as they are raised around people then they are like a big puppy dog... see the below video as proof of how well you can train Brahmas and how docile they can be... also they are the smartest breed out of all the bovines...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

OMG!!!

WE NEED THIS BULL AT HOMECOMING THIS YEAR!!!

Whoah!!!THATS A BRAHMAN BULL!!!

WOOOOOOO!!!

They'll have to change the statues in front of the marshall center though.  And that chia pet infront of the Marshall center.

GO BULLS!!!

BTW...here is an old pic of "Rocky IV" i believe.

Cute little guy.  Don't know why they just dont get a little pen for him on campus like LSU does for "Mike the tiger".

bull300.jpg

Put him by the Alumni Building!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  2,558

OMG!!!

WE NEED THIS BULL AT HOMECOMING THIS YEAR!!!

Whoah!!!THATS A BRAHMAN BULL!!!

WOOOOOOO!!!

They'll have to change the statues in front of the marshall center though.  And that chia pet infront of the Marshall center.

GO BULLS!!!

2 days too late

Archived