• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Always make stupid plays...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i guess you arent fully understanding my point.

it seemed rather silly to me that you were implying that CJL was scared to punt the ball because trent guy had returned one 60 yards earlier.  where we were at on the field we would of punted that ball out of bounds were he would of never touched it and ended up gaining atleast 20 yards of field position on UofL on a drive where they easily scored a TD on us because it started on the 40 yard line due to a missed 50 yard FG in a situation where the 3 points doesnt really do us much good. 

i really doubt you think that is why CJL did it but you blindly pointed out those reasons to try and justify a bad call from CJL (IMO)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,067
  • Days Won:  469

You're either thinking too much or not enough.

I wasn't trying to justify anything.  I was only suggesting things that might have been bouncing around his mind as he decided to attempt a FG.  Maybe nothing was bouncing around in his head.  I don't know, nor do I really care.  I was not defending the call. 

Period.

Bulliever:  Maybe Jim was remembering Albert Delvarado's 37 yard punt average and thought WTH?  Add that to Trent Guy's 60 yard punt return for a TD and suddenly going for it seemed to be the safer bet.

If he couldn't be thinking about the things I mentioned, what do you suppose he was thinking?  Or was he simply not thinking at all and drew straws or something?  Rock, paper, scissors?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,694
  • Days Won:  424

only stupid things i saw today were the 4th down decisions.  we go for it on 4th and 2 when an easy FG would of put us up by 14

Since when has a 41 fg ever been easy?? The failed 4th down gave the Cards the ball on the 24, hardly great field position. So the risk to bypass a non-automatic fg with a not insurmountable 4th and 2 is something few would call stupid ... The case can be very easily made for either decision there.

....and then go try to kick a 50 yard FG when the 3 points doesnt do a whole lot for us.

luckily the team played (see bj daniels) well enough to overcome those lapses in judgement.

Again, it's pretty easy to make a case for both sides here. The 3 pts make it an 8 pt game and Schwartz is 1/2 on 50yd+ kicks ..... So I'd be hard pressed to call those lapses in judgment but rather just a difference of opinions.

• Content Count:  12,293

only stupid things i saw today were the 4th down decisions.  we go for it on 4th and 2 when an easy FG would of put us up by 14

Since when has a 41 fg ever been easy?? The failed 4th down gave the Cards the ball on the 24, hardly great field position. So the risk to bypass a non-automatic fg with a not insurmountable 4th and 2 is something few would call stupid ... The case can be very easily made for either decision there.

....and then go try to kick a 50 yard FG when the 3 points doesnt do a whole lot for us.

luckily the team played (see bj daniels) well enough to overcome those lapses in judgement.

Again, it's pretty easy to make a case for both sides here. The 3 pts make it an 8 pt game and Schwartz is 1/2 on 50yd+ kicks ..... So I'd be hard pressed to call those lapses in judgment but rather just a difference of opinions.

triple  b.....i was saying that it was stupid kicking the 50 yarder...re-read the thread.  i used the previous attempt at going for it on 4th down as an example when it was a much closer kick and a much more valueable 3 points at the time (would of put us up by 14)

again, this whole thing is getting blown out of propotion.  it was originally brought up because i said it was the only thing that COULD be considered "stupid" in this game. 

i didnt start a thread about the decisions leavitt made.  it was just something i noticed.  there was clearly indecision there on the coaching staff and i feel like we went for it on 4th when we should of kicked it and kicked it on 4th when we should of went for it.

then me and brad were have a fun little conversation for a little while.  but really its not that big of an issue.

and no, a 41 yarder isnt "easy"  for our kickers in recent history a 24 yarder isnt easy.  i guess i should of said "EASIER"

i just didnt see the point in kicking a 50 yarder at that stage in the game and knowing we had about a 10% chance of making it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,694
  • Days Won:  424

triple  b.....i was saying that it was stupid kicking the 50 yarder...re-read the thread. i used the previous attempt at going for it on 4th down as an example when it was a much closer kick and a much more valueable 3 points at the time (would of put us up by 14)

Re-read my response .... I was saying the 50 yard try wasn't that stupid. Going up by 8 and going up by 14 aren't that far apart as scoring goes. Both leads require the other team to put the ball in the endzone twice to tie.

again, this whole thing is getting blown out of propotion.  it was originally brought up because i said it was the only thing that COULD be considered "stupid" in this game.

Yeah, you're right you did put it that way .... I'll drop it.

• Content Count:  1,037

My real opinion on the two situations you discuss are this.

The 4th and 2.  I would have run for it, not the pass.

The one at midfield I would have punted.

Not that it matters.  Sorry if that wasn't what you wanted to hear.

no...that is exactly what i wanted to hear.  i want to hear what you really think and what you really would of done.

not the 'PC' response cause you run a large USF message board you cant disagree with them...ever....

This sometimes makes me feel like less of a fan even though I bleed green and gold more than just about anyone. It just takes away from the message board experience when you feel like you have to agree with a dictator.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,067
  • Days Won:  469

My real opinion on the two situations you discuss are this.

The 4th and 2.  I would have run for it, not the pass.

The one at midfield I would have punted.

Not that it matters.  Sorry if that wasn't what you wanted to hear.

no...that is exactly what i wanted to hear.  i want to hear what you really think and what you really would of done.

not the 'PC' response cause you run a large USF message board you cant disagree with them...ever....

This sometimes makes me feel like less of a fan even though I bleed green and gold more than just about anyone. It just takes away from the message board experience when you feel like you have to agree with a dictator.

I wasn't going to address the comment but since you seem so under the weight of the dictatorship, I will.

Secondly, if you could possibly comprehend the thread, you would understand that I was only suggesting what might be in the coach's thinking - which funny enough, the coach mentioned in the postgame.

Thirdly, Matt is way off, but I generally respect him and the argument needed to end.  I do not give a "PC" answer when asked my opinion.  Of course I wasn't asked my opinion on this issue, but I did volunteer that what I would have done would have been different.

Lastly, to the PC allegation, I openly voiced my frustration with coaches Eddie Cardieri and Seth Greenberg and will do so with other coaches I believe deserve it.  I also disagreed with the administration relative to the Spring Game and other things.  So, unless you really know anything, you might want to swim in your own direction.  The problem on this board is that many just wish this to be a place to act like you know better than anyone at USF.  A place to ***** and moan and insult and gripe - unchecked.

People that want to sling mud hate it when someone questions them or suggests a possible reason for a "stupid or bad coaching decision"  - like I did.  That's the problem.  Typically no one challenges the inane babbling of guys like Richmond Bull, bucsboltsrays and smazza.  They're an accepted novelty.  Only problem is that novelty chases away any others as they become the target of the group - much like me.  Unfortunately, I can handle it and I will continue to confront those slinging mud.  What's worse is it empowers others to turn up the level of insulting commentary and unnecessary attacks on coaches and players.

In closing, if anyone feels my positive outlook is a real bummer, or I am a dictator...I feel bad for you - you can simply cancel your membership and relieve that burden yourself.  Unlike other "positive" members that are driven off the Main Board by the negativity and crassness, I'll be here until the end. 

That's just the way it is. 

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

All I can think of after reading this thread is:

Gollum_and_his_precious_by_Ruben_Lopez.jpg

Bulliever and His Precious!

:ROFLMAO

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

only stupid things i saw today were the 4th down decisions.  we go for it on 4th and 2 when an easy FG would of put us up by 14....and then go try to kick a 50 yard FG when the 3 points doesnt do a whole lot for us.

I thought it was a god decision to go for it. I would have rather seen the 3 RB formation in there than the play we ran.

• Content Count:  1,400

wow just a difference of opinions  guys not reason to start giving people names

move on

Archived