• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Always make stupid plays...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  122
  • Days Won:  0

USF is and will always be undisciplined with this coaching staff

So sad that things never change

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,067
  • Days Won:  469

Among all the amazing plays - specifically by our receivers, what are you referring to?  The Plancher fumble?

We're averaging 6.8 yards per play...I guess we can be pissed about the stupid plays, which ones?

• Content Count:  122

Wow...lets start off with Louisville is not a good team (either are we for that matter)

For every great play our receivers makes, they drop an easy routine catch that should be made (see the wide open 4th down drop in today's game)

For every great play our defense makes, they make a stupid penalty (see all of our stupid offsides and personal fouls)

I am not going to live in the what have you done for me lately world. The bulls have always made stupid plays and stupid mental mistakes. Today was no different, next week wont, and as long as we have this coaching staff the future wont.

How many years have we led the conference in penalties? Yeah that's what I thought. When do you stop blaming the players and put the blame on the coaches? This isn't a one game thing Brad, this the biggest tradition that USF has.

We beat a bad team that we should have beat and did not look that great doing it. Stupid plays didn't;t cost us this week, but they do against better teams.

That's what I am talking about!

Wow.

Let's harp on the what they did last week, but not "lately"...okay.

It's as if you and I watched two completely different games today.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

You're committed to an ultimate outcome.  Can't help you there.

• Content Count:  12,293

only stupid things i saw today were the 4th down decisions.  we go for it on 4th and 2 when an easy FG would of put us up by 14....and then go try to kick a 50 yard FG when the 3 points doesnt do a whole lot for us. 

luckily the team played (see bj daniels) well enough to overcome those lapses in judgement.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

only stupid things i saw today were the 4th down decisions.  we go for it on 4th and 2 when an easy FG would of put us up by 14....and then go try to kick a 50 yard FG when the 3 points doesnt do a whole lot for us. 

luckily the team played (see bj daniels) well enough to overcome those lapses in judgement.

i probably would have went for it also... it was 4th and 2 and the offense was really moving the ball well. With the way BJD was able to run I don't see any reason why we shouldn't go. I know a FG would have put us up by 14 but we are much more talented than UL right now and the coaches had confidence in our ability to move the football.

We made the right play call the receiver just couldnt hang on.

The first time we went for it on 4th down we got it easily and converted the drive into 7 points on the Plancher TD.

• Content Count:  12,293

i probably would have went for it also... it was 4th and 2 and the offense was really moving the ball well. With the way BJD was able to run I don't see any reason why we shouldn't go. I know a FG would have put us up by 14 but we are much more talented than UL right now and the coaches had confidence in our ability to move the football.

We made the right play call the receiver just couldnt hang on.

i dont necessarly disagree with going for it but why then try the 50 yarder later? 

that was the stupid play...IMO.  I was using the other play as an example....and since it was a better situation for the FG...yet we went for it.

then when a FG doesnt really make a huge difference and the kick is MUCH longer...probably 12-14 yards longer....we kick it???

Maybe Jim was remembering Albert Delvarado's 37 yard punt average and thought WTH?  Add that to Trent Guy's 60 yard punt return for a TD and suddenly going for it seemed to be the safer bet. 

Archived