• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jerome Murphy and George Selvie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

JPP is stealing Selvie's money folks.  He had what, two sacks last night?  Guy is a monster.  For Selvie, it just looks like he isn't as fast off the line as he was in the past.  Almost like he's thinking too much, too worried about overrunning the play.  One thing I was surprised we didn't see last night was the stunting we all saw work so well in our wins.  When we did it, Rutgers had no answer for it just like we didn't when they put it on us.  This is where Selvie with his speed would've been better used.  Out of all the DL, he probably had the least impact last night.  Other guys were batting down passes, penetrating etc.

Talk about missing, Nate Allen was MIA the whole night...

That guy LT Anthony Davis is a pro prospect. And George would come off the line dancing. But when they put JPP over there, he killed the guy. JPP is robbing George with a mask and a gun.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

I believe selvie and JPP will get drafted. (Yes, if I were JPP I would leave, It makes no sense to stay). J Murphy free agent contract at best. He will not be invited to the combine. I believe Nate Allen will be invited to the combine but take a free agent contract.

Kion Wilson free agent contract as well.

• Content Count:  308

I can't remember. Was it Yogi Berra or Jerome Murphy who said, "Football is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical".

• Content Count:  879

The game was over the minute JM hit that guy out of bounds on the first series of the game.  Same thing happened, I think, with either Cincinnati or Pitt.  You could just tell it was over....  >:(

• Content Count:  356

murphy's departure will be a big help...whatever talent the guy has is overshadowed by his undisciplined play...NFL teams will see that and wisely steer clear.

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

The game was over the minute JM hit that guy out of bounds on the first series of the game. 

Well he can't hit anybody while they're inbounds.  He's gotta hit somebody some time.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

The game was over the minute JM hit that guy out of bounds on the first series of the game.

Of course it was!  There were only 53 minutes left to be played, they were still in there own territory, and our offense hadn't even seen the field.  Yes the game was over...

That wasn't the reason USF lost, it was one of about 100.

• Content Count:  16,413
  • Days Won:  43

In the end, it is going to matter what they do in the NFL combine or pro day. NFL has really focused on what the players do at the combine. Tyrone McKenzie's draft stock went up as a result of the work outs in front of NFL scouts. Selvie already has shown that we can make plays at the college level, he just needs a great combine.

• Content Count:  308

Well he can't hit anybody while they're inbounds. ....

LOL - excellent!

• Content Count:  16,413
  • Days Won:  43

That snow ball effect has always haunted the USF program. Whether it was the game against Arkansas. The game against Utah. The game against Bama. All those games had that snowball effect in where USF started making mistake after mistake. To me, that just tells you that USF is not mentally tough when that happens. USF can play with anyone when they are on, but they can play with the worse of them when something does not go there way.

Archived