• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jerome Murphy and George Selvie

bulldozier1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Them two guys NFL draft stock drop like a ton of bricks. As J. Murphy push the guy out of bounds, he also pushed millions along with it. I don't think he will get drafted. George has lost his way out there. Maybe it have something to do with Coach Dan Carney leaving 2 years ago.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  162
  • Days Won:  0

I hate to say it but George just isnt capable of beating a BCS caliber LT even 1 on 1.  Put him at LE and let JPP man the RE spot and I think we may see better results.

• Content Count:  488

I concur.

JM is playing as if he is unsure whether to be aggressive or unaggressive on certain plays.  And the timing on those decisions is just throwing him off.

Selvie, on the other hand, IMO, has relied primarily on his first step to get to the QB and for whatever reason this year he has not found it.  Maybe the hard counts has him thinking twice about jumping at the gun.  Maybe the tackles are just out-muscling him.  Or maybe he has lost a step from over training and is burned out in his last year both mentally and physically.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I concur.

JM is playing as if he is unsure whether to be aggressive or unaggressive on certain plays.  And the timing on those decisions is just throwing him off.

Selvie, on the other hand, IMO, has relied primarily on his first step to get to the QB and for whatever reason this year he has not found it.  Maybe the hard counts has him thinking twice about jumping at the gun.  Maybe the tackles are just out-muscling him.  Or maybe he has lost a step from over training and is burned out in his last year both mentally and physically.

Or maybe he was just overhyped because of his first couple of games against lesser competition his sophomore year and has lived off that reputation since.  I like the way George has represented the team and carried himself, but reality is that he has proven to be basically a little above average as a DE.  Certainly not a dominant force.

• Content Count:  1,570

I concur.

If J. Murphy has a good 40 time (4.4 - 4.8). He'll get drafted. But the NFL is like 80 - 90% mental. He would have to clean that up.

• Content Count:  2,495

Or maybe he was just overhyped because of his first couple of games against lesser competition his sophomore year and has lived off that reputation since.  I like the way George has represented the team and carried himself, but reality is that he has proven to be basically a little above average as a DE.  Certainly not a dominant force.

^^^This

As far as Murphy goes he has a low "Football IQ" IMO.  No situational awareness, shows no restraint and he is constantly out of position.  I'm sure the coaches address his ridiculous penalties in practice every week, but he is obviously not capable of correcting it.

• Content Count:  91

Selvie is still on the team?

• Content Count:  971

has he added some weight and lost speed as a result?  when he failed to contain their lumbering QB, I thought he looked kinda slow on the chase.  GB!

• Content Count:  2,523

JPP is stealing Selvie's money folks.  He had what, two sacks last night?  Guy is a monster.  For Selvie, it just looks like he isn't as fast off the line as he was in the past.  Almost like he's thinking too much, too worried about overrunning the play.  One thing I was surprised we didn't see last night was the stunting we all saw work so well in our wins.  When we did it, Rutgers had no answer for it just like we didn't when they put it on us.  This is where Selvie with his speed would've been better used.  Out of all the DL, he probably had the least impact last night.  Other guys were batting down passes, penetrating etc.

Talk about missing, Nate Allen was MIA the whole night...

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

JPP is stealing Selvie's money folks.  He had what, two sacks last night?  Guy is a monster.  For Selvie, it just looks like he isn't as fast off the line as he was in the past.  Almost like he's thinking too much, too worried about overrunning the play.  One thing I was surprised we didn't see last night was the stunting we all saw work so well in our wins.  When we did it, Rutgers had no answer for it just like we didn't when they put it on us.  This is where Selvie with his speed would've been better used.  Out of all the DL, he probably had the least impact last night.  Other guys were batting down passes, penetrating etc.

Talk about missing, Nate Allen was MIA the whole night...

I don't know why we don't stunt more. it seems as if the line is in cement some times waiting for the snap. Give a true freshman QB something to think about.

Schiano(and others) know how to negate Selvie. They run right at him. If you noticed, they did this at the beginning of the game both with their RB and their QB. Selvie over pursues and for the remainder of the game he doesn't rush as aggressive.

Archived